Sign in to follow this  

Just bought a 2014 rmz250 thinking about trading it in for a 2 stroke am I crazy?

I recently bought a 2014 rmz250 and have found id like to do hare scrambles. I've found out the rmz is not really the bike for that and am thinking about getting a enduro 125 or 250 2 stroke bike. My question is should I keep the rmz and do the races or should I get a bike that's more woods friendly? I'd trade in my rmz and a 2009 ttr230, so I'd hope I could trade the 2 bikes for one.

I recently bought a 2014 rmz250 and have found id like to do hare scrambles. I've found out the rmz is not really the bike for that and am thinking about getting a enduro 125 or 250 2 stroke bike. My question is should I keep the rmz and do the races or should I get a bike that's more woods friendly? I'd trade in my rmz and a 2009 ttr230, so I'd hope I could trade the 2 bikes for one.

your outta your mind. you should just adjust the bike to fit your riding preferences

I have A 2013 husaberg TE 250. Love it, plus If I want to run it as 300 all I have to do is get the 300 jug and piston. Best all around bike for sure. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407700056.533896.jpg

• Like 1

I'd say ktm. The huskys and husabergs will have lower resale if you don't like it. Ktm 150xc would be a good choice.

Get handlebar and universial auxilary tanks and if it werent a brand new bike i would trade that think in the blink of an eye

Edited by dirt1080

I raced a 13' rmz250 for scrambles and gp's in the open A class, it worked awesome other then the limited top speed, it needed a 6spd. Going to a 125 would be a step backwards.

I'd rather make a 20 second pit stop then use a oversized fuel tank.

So it sounds like I'll keep the rmz do a few races to make sure I actually like them, then think about a new bike. I've never ridden a 125 so idk if I should go with that or a 250

dont bother with a 125 imo

That rmz can be made to be an awesome hare scramble bike. The money you would lose on the trade in would be more than enough to set it up for off road racing. I have thought of getting an rmz for just that purpose. But i would just do the basic mods first then just race it and see how it goes. Handguards and a skidplate to get started. Good luck

Do whatever you want man. Your money. Your Hobby. Don't race with a 250f if you want a 2 stroke