Sign in to follow this  

NorthCarolina Brown Mountain or Uwharrie anyone?

Hey TT, new to the area and am looking for people to ride with the next couple of weeks. I live in the Mooresville area and would like some insight on where some good spots are. I like to go midweek but weekends aren't out of the equation. I've been to Brown Mountain a couple of times solo which I generally don't like to do and is pretty unsafe, but the need to ride sometimes clouds my judgement. A couple of days ago I heard a few guys talking about Whipperwil. Anyone been there and have any recommendations?

I'm available to ride midweek sometimes.  I live in Greensboro and need to head up to Asheville later this week to drop one of my bikes off for service so I'd be up for riding Brown maybe Wed/Thur/ or Friday this week.  Have you been to Brushy yet?  Great place but they are only open on Fri/S/S.  Uwharrie is ok if you've never been before but there isn't really that much there.  Hit be back via PM if you want to ride as I'm seldom on here.

Hey TT, new to the area and am looking for people to ride with the next couple of weeks. I live in the Mooresville area and would like some insight on where some good spots are. I like to go midweek but weekends aren't out of the equation. I've been to Brown Mountain a couple of times solo which I generally don't like to do and is pretty unsafe, but the need to ride sometimes clouds my judgement. A couple of days ago I heard a few guys talking about Whipperwil. Anyone been there and have any recommendations?

I live pretty close to you and I ride brown allot. I love brushy singletrack but it gets expensive at 25 bucks a day. Is that an xr400 in your avatar.

Very cool. I'm up to ride anytime if you'd like to meet up soon.  I've yet to hit up Brushy, or anywhere else, and from what I understand it's only open fri, sat, sun. PM me for a ride and info. That bike as my avatar is an '87 XR200R bored and stroked to 245. It also has an '89 CR250 front end (conventional style), XR's only header, FMF Powercore 4, Warp9 rims and a Baja Designs DS kit with a California plate. Need to plate it here now. Unfortunately, the kickstart ratchet gear is shot so I need to split the cases and change out the kickstart shaft/mechanism. My primary steed now is a 2000 KX250. Looking forward to riding Brown some more.

Very cool. I'm up to ride anytime if you'd like to meet up soon. I've yet to hit up Brushy, or anywhere else, and from what I understand it's only open fri, sat, sun. PM me for a ride and info. That bike as my avatar is an '87 XR200R bored and stroked to 245. It also has an '89 CR250 front end (conventional style), XR's only header, FMF Powercore 4, Warp9 rims and a Baja Designs DS kit with a California plate. Need to plate it here now. Unfortunately, the kickstart ratchet gear is shot so I need to split the cases and change out the kickstart shaft/mechanism. My primary steed now is a 2000 KX250. Looking forward to riding Brown some more.

It will be a few weeks before I will be free to ride. Do you like single track?

To: NaCltK9

I ride Brown Mt. most any time, I prefere to ride on Friday or the week ends do to the fact i'm like you ride alone and is not to safe a way to go. Last time I pulled that stunt I was the only one at Brown on a Monday morn. I ride a 1985 XR350R Drop me an email when ready rfinding@gmail.com

We chated a bit with Tim and maybe even spoke breifly to each other.  I was on the red/black/white Husky and Sean was on the KX.  Sorry I didn't see your response until I had gotten home last night.