Sign in to follow this  

Fitting RM 450Z forks and triple clamps to a 1996 DR350

I have a DR 350SE that was purchased for dual sport riding.  I had the stock muffler mod and carb done and linkage changed and was pretty much read to go.  Some where along the line I thought that adding a later front end would be a good thing and improve the handling.  I have as yet not removed the stock front end.  I will wait till the cold weather sets in and have at it.  Anyone with information on this subject?  If so kindly pass it on.  Paul

From what I've read most people press the stock DR350 stem out and press it into the new triples.

I'll be upgrading my forks soon, but I'm sticking with the conventionals and just buying some 43mm fork legs from another Suzuki model, RM125, RMX250, pretty much whatever I find cheapest on eBay. I paid $1000 for my bike and don't feel like putting on a $500 pair of forks haha, maybe if I had the e-start I would consider it.

Are you planning on upgrading the rear at all?

Thanks ckblum.  I was able to find the RM450Z fork set on ebay for less then $300.00 including S&H.  Even if they don't do much for the handling  -  they should look pretty COOL on the old bike.  I got the bake with different rear linkage.  As for the rear shock I have not decided what to do there, rebuild, send out for tech assistance or buy a olins.  One thing at a time-fork first.  For info, parts and advice.  Look up KIENTECH on google.  Jesse Kientz has some neat parts and is willing to share information about DRs