Sign in to follow this  

2015 woods bike at the dealers ?

I was just at a dealer on Saturday picking up my `14 300 xcw and he said earliest would be mid month but more likely close to the end of August.

I'm in the market for a 300XC. Any difference 14 to 15?

Just picked up my 2014 on a runout deal and the KTM dealer promised me there were no big changes, just minor tweaks.

Better be or else I'm going to go in and kick his ass :smashpc:

If you google it you will find heaps on the net regarding the changes, the last thing you want to do is buy the last of the carb models etc.

Just picked up my 2014 on a runout deal and the KTM dealer promised me there were no big changes, just minor tweaks.

Better be or else I'm going to go in and kick his ass :smashpc:

If you google it you will find heaps on the net regarding the changes, the last thing you want to do is buy the last of the carb models etc.

Thanks, totally agree.

I just picked up a nice old (2001) Gasgas EC300 so that should tide me over for a bit. I'm still planning on a KTM 300XC but maybe I'll wait until the '15 is out.

Were close that's for sure. Hope my 2015 is here any day now. Have all my parts waiting!

I just got a 14' and when I was looking for stuff I noticed that some sources weren't listing 15' parts.

What stuff did you end up getting?

I just got a 14' and when I was looking for stuff I noticed that some sources weren't listing 15' parts.

I called Unabiker the other day about that issue and they said that the '12 and '13 rad guards and skid plates fit the 14 and probably 15. They just haven't updated the site yet.

I'm pretty sure the only real differences between the 14 and 15 are cosmetic. The frame is going to be orange with black rims and new graphics. But I think suspension and motor will all be the same.

Like the others said, 2012-15 are pretty much the same. The same frame so no problem with radiator guards, and skids plates. The rear chain guide stayed the same and everything else is mostly universal (handguards, fork bleeders, countershaft guard, Exhaust Flange Protector, etc).

You must feel like a kid before christmas morning 2strokes rule. Did you put a deposit down to hold one? If so how much did you need to put down? Just curious. My closest dealer is just now starting to get the 15 sx models and doesnt think they will get the xcw until mid october.

You must feel like a kid before christmas morning 2strokes rule. Did you put a deposit down to hold one? If so how much did you need to put down? Just curious. My closest dealer is just now starting to get the 15 sx models and doesnt think they will get the xcw until mid october.

I buy every three years and they know it. No deposit but they have me where they want me and it's gonna be 9k otd. I don't even care. I work hard and the money is waiting to be spent. The bank isn't involved....I'm 40 though. Have a pile of goodies waiting to go on.

When I saw the caller ID at work.....it was like my birthday. Christmas is for the masses.....birthday is for you!

BTW: October is second batch. Risky but often cheaper. I want mine now!

Here in southwest Ohio we have most of the 2015 ktm woods bikes!

The KTM importer is in Ohio....near Cleveland. Amherst.....? Pretty sure that's right but is far north Ohio. We get them pretty early. Just off the boat. Mine should still smell of Austria.

Edited by 2strokes_rule

The KTM importer is in Ohio....near Cleveland. Amherst.....? Pretty sure that's wrong but is far north Ohio. We get them pretty early. Just off the boat. Mine should still smell of Austria.

Wilmington Ohio! I did not know that the importer was so close. Anyway they have me drooling!