I wonder how much better he would have done if his father had just backed off and let Mike learn from the teams that he's ridden for. 

Oh well, maybe he could get something together for the GP's....

• Like 2

I wonder how much better he would have done if his father had just backed off and let Mike learn from the teams that he's ridden for. 

HE would be a champion if Tony had let him sign with Honda with Honda and let them manage him. 

• Like 3

Either your a winner or your not, he is not. Which country he races in is irrelevant. Besides that, he's a dick and nobody cares.

Not that I know him personally, but I don't think hes a dick. His dad definately seems like one, no doubt on that. His brother comes off as a douche as well, but I think Mike is a good guy. Of course hes caused issues for himself, but I think a lot of his reputation has been built off his family's bs, not his. Either way, hes a badass on a bike.

• Like 7

The only thing he lacks is confidence. Once he starts that looking back shit that's the way he goes. Target fixation if you will. He has the skills, and I believe if properly channeled, even Tony would be a benefit. Mikes problem is singular, him. I like the kid, I wish him nothing but the best.

id say id agree with the above couple comments , mostly......  Buuuuuut, in like round two he is leading the race and  in good form , then he goes long on a jump and blows the turn.. Ok , no biggie he was looking better and faster than the rest of the field and should have easily caught and passed back for the lead in a couple laps id bet ya... But instead he decides to cut across the track and sit there waiting for the leaders to come around as if to say hey I was leading and therefore belong in the front no matter what I did .. I don't give two poops , you cant defend that type of behavior. It is EXACTLY the same as someone going down in turn two while leading the pack and then insisting they should be in front because the crash wasn't there fault and after all they were in front when they went down... WHO in they're right mind thinks like this ... Hey, I pretty much like anyone who rides and races , especially at that level but Im sorry , that was some real douchery being displayed.. .  

Not that I know him personally, but I don't think hes a dick. His dad definately seems like one, no doubt on that. His brother comes off as a douche as well, but I think Mike is a good guy. Of course hes caused issues for himself, but I think a lot of his reputation has been built off his family's bs, not his. Either way, hes a badass on a bike.

I don't know him personally either....however, I have talked to a rider who's hometown is Anchorage,who's raced SX and MX with Mike, he confirmed what I always suspected bout Alessi. The guy had talent, but no drive. If he had the drive which guys like RC, Reed, Dungy, and going back to Bailey and Hannah, he would have probably won a couple championships, but his ship has passed and all that talent was wasted on a dick.

I don't know him personally either....however, I have talked to a rider who's hometown is Anchorage,who's raced SX and MX with Mike, he confirmed what I always suspected bout Alessi. The guy had talent, but no drive. If he had the drive which guys like RC, Reed, Dungy, and going back to Bailey and Hannah, he would have probably won a couple championships, but his ship has passed and all that talent was wasted on a dick.

Yea, I hear ya.. My opinion isn't influenced by anyone that I know, that knows or has been around him or anything like that, nor am I excusing the bs stunts he's pulled in the past. I am however, failing to see your equating of someone who supposedly has no drive (even though they are one of the fastest riders in the world) with someone who is a dick? Hes done stupid stuff before, a lot of racers have. I dunno tho man, I just think the stupid stuff hes done gets tossed in with all the stupid crap his family has done, and there you have it.. Mikes a huge piece of garbage with no drive.

• Like 1

Nailed it.

Yea, I hear ya.. My opinion isn't influenced by anyone that I know, that knows or has been around him or anything like that, nor am I excusing the bs stunts he's pulled in the past. I am however, failing to see your equating of someone who supposedly has no drive (even though they are one of the fastest riders in the world) with someone who is a dick? Hes done stupid stuff before, a lot of racers have. I dunno tho man, I just think the stupid stuff hes done gets tossed in with all the stupid crap his family has done, and there you have it.. Mikes a huge piece of garbage with no drive.

Actually I wasn't equating his lack of drive to his personality deficiency......I was stating to separate opinions. Sorry for the confusion.

Nailed it.

Zig06 has it correct. Sometimes you have to push your family aside in your career and replace them with people who are professionals in the sport. A good example is Alessi's ametuer rival, Villopoto. It hurts, and there's no malintent on the part of the rider, but you either make these hard these decisions when your faced with it, or end up like Mike Alessi. At least in Mike's defense you can say he didn't have the heart to push his Dad aside.

I'd like to see the monthly check RV's parents get from him while sitting at home and getting to attend whatever race they want from RV's rig compared to what Tony is getting now trying to ride Mike's career.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Tony......

• Like 1