Sign in to follow this  

Kx 125 more bottom end!

i have a 2001 kx 125 with a FMF fatty and powercore 2 silencer, ive spent alot of money restoring this bike and wanting more torque down low. i was wondering how much of a difference it would make if i was to get a flywheel weight, big bore to 144 and have it ported for down low power. would this make my kx even close to KDX potential?  im not expecting torque like my XR400, and i really love this bike and not willing to part with it just yet.

thanks for any help.

DSC00702.JPG

Flywheel weights won't add any power. They'll make the power band a bit more tame and the engine will free spin longer when you roll out of the throttle. A good port job should help a lot. You can gear it lower too if you don't mind giving up some top end speed.

Flywheel weights won't add any power. They'll make the power band a bit more tame and the engine will free spin longer when you roll out of the throttle. A good port job should help a lot. You can gear it lower too if you don't mind giving up some top end speed.

thanks for the advice, the gearing is another thing il look into, i dont mind at all loosing a bit of top end speed. and the powerband being a bit more tame with the fww? i might miss that alittle but if its more woods friendly then im all for it. im not much of a racer :)