Sign in to follow this  

Bsr42

Im trying to get this carb running right. Does this thing have a choke if so where?.

Im trying to get this carb running right. Does this thing have a choke if so where?.

If it's off a Predator 500, it uses a cable choke on the left hand side of the carb.

Needs to be replaced with a plunger style choke. Mine starts so easily without choke I never use it.

If it has no plunger choke on the carb, you can just block it off but you'll have no choke at all. I wouldn't recommend doing it that way, but if you want to, you can until you get a choke. Just don't fill it with RTV like some people do.

What jets did you end u with?

I've had some trouble holding a decent idle unless I use a giant main jet, I think something might be clogged up in my carb.

You know mudguy I didn't even look. The guy I bought it said it was stock so I just soak it in cleaner blew it out fiddled with choke. Starts in 2 kicks idles fine my bike is stock except the air box mod. If your bike is stock let me know ill take the jets out and look. Also 4600 ft elevation.

You know mudguy I didn't even look. The guy I bought it from said it was stock so I just soak it in cleaner blew it out fiddled with choke. Starts in 2 kicks idles fine my bike is stock except the air box mod. If your bike is stock let me know ill take the jets out and look. Also 4600 ft elevation.