Sign in to follow this  

1991 CR250 Questions

So i picked up a 91 a couple of days ago and just got it running today it doesnt seem to have the normal 2stroke pull or powerband what nay be some causes of this?  Any courses of action would be appreicated

cr250.jpeg

right now running a 172 main and 55 pilot i do believe have no checked the reeds yet or the powervalve just trying to collect info so i can plan an attack!.... 

Take off the head and look at the piston. Maybe something is damaged. Powervalve check is easy. Just pull the sidecovers off the cylinder and look if they open while the bike is running.

Btw the Haynes manual for those bikes is really good.

im going to check those other things first before i start opening up the head and checking piston motor runs starts and idles great and sounds tight so i think one of the other things will probably be the cause

Turns out reeds where good as well as exhaust valves tho someone had done a backyard silencer attachment which seemed to be the cause ended up zipping off the silencer and right away she had twice the power..  so i ended up ordering procircuit platinum pipe as well as a factory sound silencer she should be going like a bat out of hell soon