Sign in to follow this  

2014 kx450 problems help plz

Hey guys new to the forum long time rider. I just bought a new kx450 coming from a 2012 crf450. power=INCREDIBLE bike is everything i have ever wanted.... Except a few problems the main issue being what i am hoping is only the clutch issue towards the end of my moto on a pretty sandy track i got a pretty serious whining coming from the engine not sure of what side but VERY loud and the issue happened after i down shifted into first and let out the clutch. the closest that i can relate the sound to would be putting a manual car into first gear when going a little to fast.  Is this the same type of whining every one else is experiencing? the other item is ALOT of popping while warming the bike up or when i blip the throttle over a jump.. (possibly the constrictive back fire screen????)

sorry for the lame descriptions of my problems but its the best i have got. any help recommendations would be appreciated! thx

The clutch noise is the pushrod, if you search this forum youll find all the info you need. I posted a bunch of info. Easy fix. not too serious, They backfire a little bit due to being lean on the ECU settings, what plug you got in it? White will make it worse. Also make sure you have good fuel. No header leaks. and your TPS is properly set. Backfire screen isn't a big deal. Although its lame how kawi has it built right into the airbox. Hard to check for dirt. But those pro circuit eliminator kits work well.

the whinning is very common like the guy above me said. i would leave the backfire screen as it does not improve anything when taken out besides easier cleaning