Sign in to follow this  

kibblewhite black diamond intake valves for crf 450r ?

If I use Kibblewhite black  diamond intake valves ( stainless) for my crf 450r 2012 model intead of the oem (titanium ) intake valve.can i still use the oem springs? and if I dont buy the kibble white springs will I wreck my bike? Kindly help me guys on this matter......

If I use Kibblewhite black  diamond intake valves ( stainless) for my crf 450r 2012 model intead of the oem (titanium ) intake valve.can i still use the oem springs? and if I dont buy the kibble white springs will I wreck my bike? Kindly help me guys on this matter......

well.

the exhaust side will be fine. the oem exhaust valves are SS and weigh the same amount

the intake side however.....

will be substantially heavier than the oem valve and you will need a spring that can deal with that.

you will float the valves at some rpm lower than the rev limiter at verry least it wont make good power,

it has a high likelyhood of bending the intake valves,

and worst if you bend it / brake it you could end up with some severe carnige

And the motor won't turn up quiet as fast. I'd go back with the oem valves. Those years came with great quality valves from the factory that last really long as king as you make sure your filter stays clean and fitted properly.

If you go SS valves you need to get the uprated springs.

i've got kibblewhite SS intake valves and springs in my '07.  I've had them in for years, and 100+ hours.  Haven't had to adjust them yet.  I don't race, or do a lot of motocross.  I ride the desert.  

I haven't noticed any motor lag.  Seems to turn up just as fast as before.  I've been really happy with the valves and springs.

Should you use different springs? Yes. Can you get by with OEM springs if your a casual rider? Yes. Will you notice a power loss with heavier intake valves? No!!! Its your bike, you know your riding style. Think on it and do what you feel comfortable doing since it will work either way

I bought a used 450r that the guy changed over to stainless ,and didnt change the springs ,i didn't know what he did he just said when i bought it he put stainless valves in , I noticed it would float way to easy , and im not sure but i think it played a factor in my cam twisting on the holder, it finally got to the point where i slotted the cam gear  started using race gas and it was overheating easy,i finally said enough and opened it up and found the stock springs and a twisted cam i just changed the cam , and switched over to the kibble springs , and all is good now alot more overall topend power, if your seats are good just put the titainuim back in