Sign in to follow this  

Dust in the Air Boot

Anyone have light dust penetrating into their airboot?  I'm a little anal and I don't want to see one, single partical of dust entering my airboot.  I've been chasing this problem for quite a bit and thought I had it solved but, lo and behold, dust in my boot after this weekends ride.  I have installed the pc racing gasket for a larger sealing surface, the twin air power flow kit for a stronger seal and in addition to oiling the dry foam gasket between the air boot and the air box, I used the permatex gasket maker between the air boot and the oiled foam gasket and between the airbox and the oiled foam gasket to form what I had hoped would be an impenetrable seal.  I must be missing something somewhere.  I have no clue where the dust is entering from.  Any ideas???

Thanks all. 

I would think you wouldn't want the foam gasket oiled when using sealer. I also always clean and oil my filters with the rubber grommet removed and install after filter is oiled. Good luck.

Anyone have light dust penetrating into their airboot?  I'm a little anal and I don't want to see one, single partical of dust entering my airboot.  I've been chasing this problem for quite a bit and thought I had it solved but, lo and behold, dust in my boot after this weekends ride.  I have installed the pc racing gasket for a larger sealing surface, the twin air power flow kit for a stronger seal and in addition to oiling the dry foam gasket between the air boot and the air box, I used the permatex gasket maker between the air boot and the oiled foam gasket and between the airbox and the oiled foam gasket to form what I had hoped would be an impenetrable seal.  I must be missing something somewhere.  I have no clue where the dust is entering from.  Any ideas???

Thanks all. 

its from the air sensor ontop of the airboot. its seal is not covering the screw holes.

• Like 1

its from the air sensor ontop of the airboot. its seal is not covering the screw holes.

So how do you get that area to seal?  Grease the metal bracket inside?

I take that foam out and seal with silicone.

Would using the gray permatex as a substitute to silicone work as well?

So how do you get that area to seal?  Grease the metal bracket inside?

Would using the gray permatex as a substitute to silicone work as well?

i used silicone between airboot and the sensor mounting bracket.