Sign in to follow this  

XT350 DG Slip On no jetting needed?

I got myself a 94 XT350 this summer. Had some starting problems and a little surging between 5K and 6K when accelerating. Decided to put a DG Slip On on the bike and also put a new spark plug in as well as cleaned and re-oiled the air filter. Bike is now starting first or second kick on cold starts and accelerating super smooth throughout the entire rpm range all the way to redline. There is only a very small bit of popping (backfire) when I decelerate. So maybe a hair lean? Dosn't seem to need jetting however I do have a jet kit just in case....Heard these bikes can run a bit lean even stock. So i'm planning on checking the spark plug after a ride tomorrow to insure that the bike isn't running too lean

I've recently fitted a DG slip on to motad stainless headers. It runs great pulls well through all gears and is relatively easy to start it sounds greater with the quiet insert fitted. I am going to do a plug chop at various throttle positions to try and fine tune it, it's a great bike.

I've recently fitted a DG slip on to motad stainless headers. It runs great pulls well through all gears and is relatively easy to start it sounds greater with the quiet insert fitted. I am going to do a plug chop at various throttle positions to try and fine tune it, it's a great bike.

It really does sound incredible! I haven't modified my air box yet but tempted to leave it be if I don't need to jet the bike as is cause its running so well. I'll have to get a video up of the exhaust and some riding. Might be loud enough to drain out some of the wind noise now