Sign in to follow this  

Best boots for wide feet

I'm sure I can't be the only rider with wide feet...bought a pair of Thor blitz ATV boots BC I like trails and such but holy crap they are tight granted,I've only had them for about a week and wore them about 3 times trying to break them in...the heel is the worst part...but I keep seeing on here a lot of people use gaernes or something..some say they're narrow also..one of my friends mentioned um...formas? Said very comfortable,durable...any input on any?

I've heard Gaerne and Forma are good for wide feet. I know Sidi and A-stars tend to run narrow. Good luck.

Edited by poldies4

OK..and next question ,which would hold up better to abuse like mud,water,bouncing off the occasion trees and so on?

Forma predators. I have wide feet too. Not severely. My foot caught the ground when I bottomed out and my boot bent the other way. They have such good ankle support if not I probably would have been limping off the bike. The boot felt weird for a little bit and my foot hurt a little but then felt normal after about 15 minutes. Boot has been through some gnarly crashes and has held up amazingly. Boot is still perfect. Idk how other boots "break in" cuz they are my first boot but I don't believe these had much break in time. More like me trying to get used to wearing motocross boots instead of basic training boots. They are comfortable plenty of padding and I've been through mud more than u want to cause I hate mud.

1407759110946.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe its not the boot that's the problem...could be me,keep seeing that people say you should go up one shoe size for the boots..I didn't know that, I wear a size 13 shoe so I figured I would get a size 13 boot..so maybe I'll return the ones I have and get a 14?

I'm sure I can't be the only rider with wide feet...bought a pair of Thor blitz ATV boots BC I like trails and such but holy crap they are tight granted,I've only had them for about a week and wore them about 3 times trying to break them in...the heel is the worst part...but I keep seeing on here a lot of people use gaernes or something..some say they're narrow also..one of my friends mentioned um...formas? Said very comfortable,durable...any input on any?

they also have aluminum hinges

I don't have overly wide feet, but do have some serious arthritic bone growth issues with the right one that requires a wider fitting boot. I have a pair of Gaerne SG10s that fit better from day one than any others I've ever had (a-stars, MSR, etc..) and are true to size with my work boots. Buddy of mine used to get some MSR quad boots that were waaay wide, but he's saying that they don't make them as wide anymore. I tried a pair of MSR bike versions that were wider than most brands, but they were water leaking, hard to break in, cheap boots of very questionable quality. In the end, for second to none quality and a slightly wider fit, you can't beat Gaerne. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I tried Garne and they were way too tight.

Currently, Alpine Stars (3?) are good.

Previously, I had cheap Answer Fazer boots that were VERY roomy.  They were discontinued for a while, but seem to have reappeared.  Don't know if they are still the same.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/60678/i/answer-racing-fazer-boots?WT.ac=SLIsearch

Lol "like hooves" I'd really like to get the sg10s but I just can't see myself spending 400 bucks on a pair of boots..maybe I'll look into the O'Neal's..u know what ones he has?

Just read a bunch of reviews on the 2015 oneal element boot..every review was positive.. Anyone on here using them? They're pretty ugly to me but if they fit and are comfortable I'll get them..

Maybe its not the boot that's the problem...could be me,keep seeing that people say you should go up one shoe size for the boots..I didn't know that, I wear a size 13 shoe so I figured I would get a size 13 boot..so maybe I'll return the ones I have and get a 14?

these boots fit true to size. I wear a 9.5 and picked euro size 9 and didn't up size. Fits perfectly

Just read a bunch of reviews on the 2015 oneal element boot..every review was positive.. Anyone on here using them? They're pretty ugly to me but if they fit and are comfortable I'll get them..

I bought a pair of those for my son, quality seemed poor to me. I used to wear a-stars tech 3's which were fairly inexpensive and moved up to Sidi's, you totally get what you pay for with boots. I'm 2 seasons in to using the Sidi's and they are still in excellent condition.

I like the camo all terrain tech 3s and for 200 bucks,not bad...how are they size wise,comfort wise,break in quickness and so on

They were used when I bought them. The guy I bought them from said he'd only used them a few times. The buckles could be hard to snap and unsnap, not sure if they have fixed that issue yet or not.

They were fine as far as comfort and durability for me. I wore them for 2 seasons then passed them on to a buddy.

I do know there are a lot of guys out there that hate them though, they were fine for me.

Very comfy boot, feels almost like a stiff tennis shoe. Doesn't take trees or stumps or roots or rocks worth a crap. Won't ever own another pair of bonded boots. Sewn welted steel shank and toe cap only for me. Got a pair of Gaerne React boots, their entry level boot. Real comfy and I have wide feet, with lots of hard plastic over my toes.