Shop Manual error?

A picture in the DRZ 400sm shop manual on pages 3-46 and 3-47 regarding replacement of the drive sprocket shaft seal and spacer shows the spacer installed with the two notches facing outward toward the the sprocket. When I removed mine, the notches were facing inward against the bearing. As I understand, these notches are for oil flow and should be facing inward. Also, I have a KLX650 that has the same type of spacer and it fits inward and the KLX book shows that to be correct. My question is, can this be an error in the book?

• Like 1

Those pictures with the spacer shown upside down have been in the Suzuki manual since the beginning for the 2000 DRZ400(  )Y.

???

COUNTERSHAFT SPACER.jpg

That is from a 2000, 2002 and 2003 factory service manual 

the notches are not shown facing outward.... implying they must be facing in.

Noble where in the service manual does it show incorrectly...  I've not noticed that before.....

Pages 3-45 and 3-46 in the old manual.  Replacing seals, 3 photographs.  Read the text too, its funny.  Maybe we need a contest to see who can find the most mistakes.

I've looked at that page many a time over the years.

I have scanned copys of the manual.... and the pics are fuzzy.. I never noticed it showed the spacer installed backwards.. I knew which way it went and I guess my eyes just told me what i knew, and not what was right there in front of me.