Crawfordsville National

Ill be there on Saturday, any other TT'ers going?

So this will be my first outdoor national and I have a couple questions.

How early should we get to the track? I only purchased general admission tickets, for now.

How long do they usually last? I know how long each moto last but i'm not sure how much time is in between motos.

Is it worth it to drag a cooler around all day? I wouldn't mind drinking a couple beers but will Ill mostly be drinking water. Do they gouge you on price for water and what not?

It would be cool to put faces to user names if some of you want to meet up.

Thanks

How early should we get to the track? I only purchased general admission tickets, for now.

How long do they usually last? I know how long each moto last but i'm not sure how much time is in between motos.

Is it worth it to drag a cooler around all day? I wouldn't mind drinking a couple beers but will Ill mostly be drinking water. Do they gouge you on price for water and what not?

Thanks

I'm going,and at this point by myself none of my buds want to go ??? Unless you want autographs general admission is good You will 

get to see everything and you can move around the track at will.Being that this is a new track and all who knows  for sure I will bring a small

cooler and a chair because eventually you will want to stay in one place for awhile.Plenty of food vendors etc. if you really don't want to drag stuff

along.Prices at Highpoint weren't too bad though. I'm rooting for Dunge all the way!!!

• Like 1

Oh and about the time Practice starts in Am,races sharp at 1:00 Pm and End around 4:00 PM They move them along

much faster than Supercross,Very little track maintenance in between races.I'm just not sure how the Traffic is gonna be.

I'll Probably leave a little early just to be sure to be ontime for some of the practice sessions.

• Like 1

We generally try to get to Nationals at 8a but with traffic, parking and the walk in it's usually about 9:30 am. It's always a good time to watch the riders learn the track during the practices and qualifying. It also gives you time to walk around the track to find the few really good places to watch when the races start. We generally bring a large cooler that stays in the trunk and carry a few smaller ones into the track. You can get passes out, so we go back out to the vehicle and re-stock the smaller coolers and get folding chairs for the actual races.

I'll be going with a couple TTer's and meeting several more up there Saturday. If you guys want to meet up, how about in front of the podium at 11:30am.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, guys. I like the idea of having a larger cooler in the truck and a smaller one to carry around.  I'm taking a new "friend" she doesn't know the first thing about motocross so it should be interesting. We are both early riser so we shouldn't have much trouble getting there early, as I would like to see some of practice and qualifying too.  

In front of the podium at 11:30 sounds like a good plan, PM me if something changes.

Thanks again.

I'm going,and at this point by myself none of my buds want to go ??? Unless you want autographs general admission is good You will 

get to see everything and you can move around the track at will.Being that this is a new track and all who knows  for sure I will bring a small

cooler and a chair because eventually you will want to stay in one place for awhile.Plenty of food vendors etc. if you really don't want to drag stuff

along.Prices at Highpoint weren't too bad though. I'm rooting for Dunge all the way!!!

I'd say time for some new buds  :excuseme:  Can't go (acceptable). Don't want to?? :bonk:

• Like 1

We generally try to get to Nationals at 8a but with traffic, parking and the walk in it's usually about 9:30 am. It's always a good time to watch the riders learn the track during the practices and qualifying. It also gives you time to walk around the track to find the few really good places to watch when the races start. We generally bring a large cooler that stays in the trunk and carry a few smaller ones into the track. You can get passes out, so we go back out to the vehicle and re-stock the smaller coolers and get folding chairs for the actual races.

I'll be going with a couple TTer's and meeting several more up there Saturday. If you guys want to meet up, how about in front of the podium at 11:30am.

11:30 in front of the podium sounds good I'll be whereing my husky hat  and shirt.

• Like 1

Yeah I can't believe it myself We go riding just about every week and they follow it on TV

I don't get it.

My buddy backed out on me too but he lives in Omaha and he couldn't make it happen, with work and what not. Don't get me wrong when Kyle and I get together we have a hell of a good time but I think I'll have a pretty good time away from the track with my new friend if you know what I mean...

I'm working

I missed Redbud and thought about hitting this race but I can't justify having fun right now

Right on, I know how it is, I have vacation time I have to use it or loose it, so I'm using it. I can't take off during the main summer holidays. So this race is timed about right for me.

Thanks

Budds was my first national and we got there at 8:30 am, trying to catch a local kid we know qualifying.

It is absolutely worth bringing cooler, umbrella, chair, sun screen, snacks, water bottles and beers and I am a guy who hates carrying all that crap but, to me, a national is an ALL day show. It gave me time to go watch qualifying and then moto's from different places on the track at a very relaxed pace. Best to go with a bunch of friends and set up home base somewhere that you can see most of the track, then go explore from there.

Don't forget ear plugs. Better to have them and not need them than want them and not have them.

• Like 1

My buddy backed out on me too but he lives in Omaha and he couldn't make it happen, with work and what not. Don't get me wrong when Kyle and I get together we have a hell of a good time but I think I'll have a pretty good time away from the track with my new friend if you know what I mean...

I'll see you at the podium at 11:30 where we can meet all of the TTer's.

• Like 1

About the kid that died... I heard he over jumped a step down, crashed, then was landed on.  Very sad. 

I'm going with some friends, hope to be there by 10 AM practice. Bringing a cooler for the truck, back pack for carrying stuff, some chairs for later in the day. Ear buds and FM radio to listed to the action live so you know whats going on.

And an umbrella in the back pack - chance of strong storms later in the day.