Sign in to follow this  

Does anyone race flat track on here or am I the only one?

I know motorcycle flat track racing is thought of as old but it's suppose to be in the xgames next year. I was just wondering if there are more ams out there like me that like to live life sideways? And are there other small dirt tracks around the southeast that race flat track bikes?

Sure there are, but few and far in between I'd guess. Might help to know where your from.

I live in south MS all the way down on the coast. The closest track is an hour away I don't mind driving to a different track if there is going to be other competitors there. Racing with the same group every weekend is ok but there's only so much you can learn running the same track and with the same people week in week out.

Edited by Fagan Racing

You guys are nuts! I had a track where I grew up, (Lawrenceburg IN.) and I got to see some of the fastest dirt track guys. But I didn't realize who they were at the time, just thought it was locals. Man that was fun times! They outlaw race there also. Jeff Gordon, and Tony Stewart used to go there regularly, but again, I didn't have a clue who they were.

Edited by trailrydr9

No offense, but I've always thought going round and round in a circle on two wheels is just as boring as doing it on four wheels (NASCAR).

But maybe it's more fun doing it than watching it... :excuseme:

Edited by Chokey

I think it's boring to watch also. BUT, what they do is pretty amazing when you think about it.

• Like 1

No offense, but I've always thought going round and round in a circle on two wheels is just as boring as doing it on four wheels (NASCAR).

But maybe it's more fun doing it than watching it... :excuseme:

Yeah kinda boring watching but doing it it's more intense than you think. No offense taken

I think it's boring to watch also. BUT, what they do is pretty amazing when you think about it.

See previous comment.

I've ridden enduro some motorcross and trials but this is down right a blast handle bar to handle bar sideways and 2,3,4 wide gets the heart rate going.

• Like 1

Don't race anymore but like to watch the flat track races. Especially the Peoria TT. Which is coming up in a couple weeks.

Here's my old '05 CRF450 flat tracker. It was fun and fast.

CRF450R005.jpg

• Like 2

Don't race anymore but like to watch the flat track races. Especially the Peoria TT. Which is coming up in a couple weeks.

Here's my old '05 CRF450 flat tracker. It was fun and fast.

CRF450R005.jpg

I'm digging the exhaust

I'd like to try flat track sometime.  I know in our district I can just show up and race with my knobbies, since I'm a newbie.  I'm guessing it would make me a faster woods rider, street rider, MX rider.....

To answer your question.  I think you are the only one.  Isn't it hot down there anyways in the Summer.  You should make a rode trip and hit some northern tracks.

Edited by toadl

I'd like to try flat track sometime. I know in our district I can just show up and race with my knobbies, since I'm a newbie. I'm guessing it would make me a faster woods rider, street rider, MX rider.....

To answer your question. I think you are the only one. Isn't it hot down there anyways in the Summer. You should make a rode trip and hit some northern tracks.

Yeah it's definitely hot down here. The bad part is I'm an a/c tech by trade and the company I work for has June thru August pretty much blacked out for extra long weekends or week long vacations yeah they kinda frown on that fri and mon are the worst days of the week for us. But I may just tick them off before too long

this was my first TT bike back in the day, ended up on miles doing this at 110 plus. There is a certain charm of bike to man relationship when you are hung out like this at those speeds.

72 bultacoft.jpg

flat-track-motorcycle-racing.jpg

• Like 5