Sign in to follow this  

Beta phone?

Doing the usual trying to decide between a Beta and a KTM. Decided on Beta mostly due to lower seat height...BUT, Beta doesn't appear to have a phone number. Just links to dealers (phone). If it's there, I can't find it. This bugs me. 

Doing the usual trying to decide between a Beta and a KTM. Decided on Beta mostly due to lower seat height...BUT, Beta doesn't appear to have a phone number. Just links to dealers (phone). If it's there, I can't find it. This bugs me. 

So why don't you call a dealer?.. or send email..  Beta brings in just a fraction of bikes into this country compared to KTM. When my 09 Beta was bought it was only one of about 300 that came ifrom italy for the whole country.  It's small and growing. KTM has been here since 1970 or so .  If you are going to be bothered by small things like a phone number right off maybe ktm is a better way to go. Beta is really just an exotic on steroids. ..so think of it like an exotic  because it is. That being said I've had excellent service and parts availability from Beta.. and my dealer but it's not the same as going to my Honda dealer or ktm dealer. So far it's been better.

I just find it strange. A lack of a customer service phone number isn't exactly a small thing.

Yamaha: 1 (800) 962-7926

KTM: 440-985-3553
Suzuki: 714-572-1490
Kawasaki: (866) 802-9381
Honda: (866) 784-1870
Christini: (215) 351-9895
Sherco: 615-347- 6519
GasGas: +34 902 47 62 54
Beta: --- --- ----

I'll probably end up getting one anyway, but it just rubs me the wrong way.
Edited by WR450rUnicorn

You going to ride it or date it ?

I've had excellent responses to questions just emailing Beta, about question about wiring and electrical spec's that the dealers didn't have, I even receive a follow up call a week later to make sure everything worked out.            

• Like 2

I just find it strange. A lack of a customer service phone number isn't exactly a small thing.

Yamaha: 1 (800) 962-7926

KTM: 440-985-3553
Suzuki: 714-572-1490
Kawasaki: (866) 802-9381
Honda: (866) 784-1870
Christini: (215) 351-9895
Sherco: 615-347- 6519
GasGas: +34 902 47 62 54
Beta: --- --- ----

I'll probably end up getting one anyway, but it just rubs me the wrong way.

This is unusual to me. You know I've ridden for about 45 yrs and have never called or felt I needed to call any motorcycle distributor for anything .  I've gone to my local dealer. Your dealer has a phone number to the distributor.. if you really feel you have to call them.. but why? ..and why does it rub you the wrong way ?.. Why would you need to call a distributor for?... just wondering.. ...or you could call any other dealer..not even the one closer to you.. Say Get dirty for example.. Is there any information out there that you don't have that you feel you need ?.. I'm not lacking any customer service. I've had the best service from any brand so far .

http://www.betausa.com/node/733

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

Id say Beta is progressive in the communication dept and dealers are helpful, i default to email and only pick up the phone as a last resort.  Hell, i dont even have a land line in my house anymore!

• Like 1

You going to ride it or date it ?

I've had excellent responses to questions just emailing Beta, about question about wiring and electrical spec's that the dealers didn't have, I even receive a follow up call a week later to make sure everything worked out.            

Date it. They are the sexiest bikes out right now.

Date it. They are the sexiest bikes out right now.

Then ask here.

Many of us have dated their sisters......

• Like 1

Too funny, I needed some levity in my morning.

Though on a more serious side I dealt with the N.A. distributor of Beta 3 times around the same time my great dealer got involved in my immediate desire to own one, but by email because that how I was rolling at that time.

Yet after an email to Tim @ Beta USA he gave me his phone number, just never found need to call.

BTW.. The Gas Gas number you gave was not for the the US distributor I believe. 

Having a phone number at Honda NEVER gave me any level of confidence that an issue with my Honda was going to be fixed at all or in a timely manner…. Same with Husky/KTM/Aprilia or otherwise…. Nice thought though !

Do you honestly think after blowing up your KTM 350 for the second time in 500 miles the North American distributor honestly cares your bike was shipped with defective engine cases? My good friend wishes!

Customer Confidence is measured in the customer satisfaction reports mostly found on forums like this. That really tells the story for me, and a responsive dealer.

Trust me, it will rub you the right way, it will make you hurt, and you will like it! 

Edited by MarkBevans

I have read 1000x about this seat height thing, maybe its because I'm tall but it is 1 inch, I wouldn't let 1 inch sway me either way

Yet after an email to Tim @ Beta USA he gave me his phone number, just never found need to call.

That's all I needed to know instead of people arguing that a non-existent customer service phone number is a good thing.

• Like 1

The phone number of the factories offices in Florence is +39 055 8348984 and here is on the yellow pages.

i think they have someone who knows english you can talk with.

btw, the site have only a contact form when they ask the VIN number, to prevent a flood of questions people should ask to dealers.

maybe a hotline could be useful but email customer service works pretty well...

Edited by iceman kimi
  • Like 1

The phone number of the factories offices in Florence is +39 055 8348984 and here is on the yellow pages.

i think they have someone who knows english you can talk with.

btw, the site have only a contact form when they ask the VIN number, to prevent a flood of questions people should ask to dealers.

maybe a hotline could be useful but email customer service works pretty well...

Awesome. Much appreciated. Looking forward to owning one. Most likely won't need to use it, but it's nice to know it's there. 

Thanks again.

Here is a phone number for NASA.

I find it reassuring the they have a phone number (and fax) in case I want to be an astronaut one day.

Public Communications Office
NASA Headquarters
Suite 2R40
Washington, DC 20546
(202) 358-0001 (Office)
(202) 358-4338 (Fax)

Edited by Balkan boy
  • Like 4

I find it reassuring the they have a phone number (and fax) in case I want to be an astronaut one day.

NASA Headquarters

Suite 2R40

Washington, DC 20546

(202) 358-0001 (Office)

(202) 358-4338 (Fax)

:rolleyes::devil:   :lol:  :ride:

NASA Headquarters

Suite 2R40

Washington, DC 20546

(202) 358-0001 (Office)

(202) 358-4338 (Fax)

I think that the direct line to Jesus or Zeus (whtaever is your take...) will beat that. :lol:

In case that Hera answers, just hang it.

She's a bitch..... :cry:

Awesome. Much appreciated. Looking forward to owning one. Most likely won't need to use it, but it's nice to know it's there. 

Thanks again.

You're welcome!

You can give them a call before, just to ask if they speak english (here in Italy does not happen very often but i think a motorcycle manufacturer who sells worldwide could do it...but at least they can give you the number of Beta Usa)

• Like 1

NASA Headquarters

Suite 2R40

Washington, DC 20546

(202) 358-0001 (Office)

(202) 358-4338 (Fax)

You are correct. This information is indeed, a good thing.