Did Dungey cut a deal with

Trey and Eli.  They put him back in the championship hunt the last two weeks.  Kenny has got to be hurt.  He is way off the front pace now.  First half of the season Kenny laid down some of the fastest laps right at the moto start every week, and passed anyone/everyone in front of him with ease.  Now he looks like he is just trying to hang on to a podium and stay in the points lead as long as he can.

He said his thumb got hurt couple races ago.  Must have been more than that or really screwed it up bad.  

Trey and Eli.  They put him back in the championship hunt the last two weeks.  Kenny has got to be hurt.  He is way off the front pace now.  First half of the season Kenny laid down some of the fastest laps right at the moto start every week, and passed anyone/everyone in front of him with ease.  Now he looks like he is just trying to hang on to a podium and stay in the points lead as long as he can.

He said his thumb got hurt couple races ago.  Must have been more than that or really screwed it up bad.  

Or KRoc is just fading like he did last year in the 250's.

• Like 4

It's just a full season of racing, you never know who is going to be strongest and when. I think this is likely the best season I've ever witnessed personally. Hope it comes down to the last race.

I loved watching RC battle JS7 outdoors but the points chase was so boring back then. Seemed like RC had it locked up at the midpoint.

• Like 1

kenny struggles with heat and humidity.  it saps his endurance big time.  happens to some people.  He knows it too, just listen to him. I think early on he thought he could fool himself into getting through it.  But soon as reality set in he was toast.  It's in his head and your seeing about the best he can do.  he will have some good first moto's when it's not so hot out but by second moto he is screwed.  Indiana will be killer on him.  But, Utah maybe not so much. 

Indiana will be killer on him. But, Utah maybe not so much.

This summer has been uncharacteristically cool in the Midwest and the humidity is nothing like the last few years

If he can't pull tolerate it now he never will becaus Mother Nature is a &%$#@! and will &%$#@! us hard for the next 5 years

Edited by meyermetal
  • Like 1

This summer has been uncharacteristically cool in the Midwest and the humidity is nothing like the last few years

If he can't pull tolerate it now he never will becaus Mother Nature is a &%$#@! and will &%$#@! us hard for the next 5 years

I knew he was toast when he said something about the heat in the third or fourth race of the year.  Something he said or his animation lead me to think it was in his head already and he was going to be wrestling with those demons big time.  well it turned out worse than I had figured it would. 

kenny struggles with heat and humidity.  it saps his endurance big time.  happens to some people.  He knows it too, just listen to him. I think early on he thought he could fool himself into getting through it.  But soon as reality set in he was toast.  It's in his head and your seeing about the best he can do.  he will have some good first moto's when it's not so hot out but by second moto he is screwed.  Indiana will be killer on him.  But, Utah maybe not so much. 

Yeah, i might buy that except it was neither hot or humid at the last two races. 

Yeah, i might buy that except it was neither hot or humid at the last two races. 

what was the temp and humidity at unadilla?  I know at Millville it was up there but not extraordinary.  But I don't think it takes much heat and humidity for the dude. 

Cant help but think the des nations announcement has given Dungey alittle more inspiration or edge lately and helped him pick up some momentum.

Dont know if Ken is hurting but considering him being new to the 450 competition hes doing a great job, especially since his team mate has mostly been his biggest competition this season. Seems like having your team mate be your main competition and rival would be alittle detrimental to a guy new to the 450 class. I bet at times the tension around the team rig is difficult, Ken seems like a guy who would be easier to be around than Dungey. 

I did notice KR appeared drained when RD was being interviewed, it's amazing to see Dungy after a moto, just seems like a stroll through the park for the guy. He's earned my respect.

Funny, noticed the same thing. RD didn't appear all that winded (breathing hard) but KR did, during their interviews right after the race.
  • Like 1

He's overtraining.

Not everyone can train like RV, remember last year when he was crushing it in the 250's and talking about eating burgers and surfing?

Maybe dial the training back a bit, and ditch Aldon.

• Like 1

Well, which is it, a conspiracy or an injury? Personally, I think #5 put himself back in the championship by riding his ass off because Ken is not what I would call 'way off the pace' and Dungey road 'dilla like he freaking meant it. Trey has been coming on for a month now as has Tomac.

Ken is still leading and, if he can make himself rest more during the week maybe he can find an extra 1/2 second a lap he needs to elevate his riding even more, like the other three have. It's not like he is mid pack. He's right there and just needs to match the late season intensity of the other guys and that's what makes racing great or, potentially great, because 5 has been here before and it's gonna take more from Ken to beat him and 41 and 3 ain't going away either.

Langston even said during the race that he thought one of them KTM boys was gonna go down because they were pushing it so much harder than everyone else. I think Ken is going to up the ante and we're about to see what of the greatest season ending duals in some time.

For me, I held my breathe the last 2 laps hoping Trey had enough left to take it home. That was fantastic watching him get a moto.

• Like 3

Funny, noticed the same thing. RD didn't appear all that winded (breathing hard) but KR did, during their interviews right after the race.

I was at Budds and noticed that right away after moto 1. K Roc was breathing even though he was interviewed last, and Dungey sounded like he just finished some meditation "Too bad we ran out of time..."  Dungey is FINE tuned.

Trey has been coming on for a month now as has Tomac.

People seem to forget the pace that Trey has when he's up to speed. He has beaten the top riders before straight up. He usually has a broken bone coming soon after though.....

Tomac also has an amazing pace when he can handle the pressure, and Dungey usually has it when urgency sets in, (the series is almost over.)