Sign in to follow this  

KX 65 jetting for Arizona Track

Can someone help out with advise on jetting my son's Kx65 for racing in AZ.  He has a 2009 KX-65 and is just getting into racing. he is using a pro-circuit pipe the one with the spark arrestor(Should we put the stock one back on?)  Any way I suck at jetting and want to learn more, can anyone recommend the correct jetting for Canyon moto cross in north phoenix?  My son is 9yrs and is just starting to get up enough speed and skills where he is ready for his Dad to start tuning.  Also any thought on fuel mix ratio and brand of oil?

Thanks in advance.

Oil ratio for fuel: no leaner than 32:1, the 65 needs lots of oil for the lower end.

I am nowhere near Arizona, but FWIW, Pro circuit has reccomendations on their website.  I think they were 22.5 P, 200 Main, needle in # 2 slot from top.  That was flat (lean) in the midrange for us.  Taking the needle back to the middle didn't fix the midrange.

The factory jetting was very close for us with the PC pipe, which is way better than stock.  We settled on the stock # 25 pilot and a 190 main, needle in # 2 slot from top.  It was a touch rich at idle, but that had the best acceleration.

You should be in the hunt with just a couple jets to try.

Edited by gsa102

13/46 is stock.  We started at 12/46 and switched to 13/47 as my son gained speed.

Gearing down helps beginners with the clutch, adds snap out of the corners, and can allow them to be on the gas in the corners rather than coasting.  Throttle helps the bike turn, and you are always faster on the gas.

Did you ever notice in the bike mags, they frequently add a tooth to the rear sprocket?  It took me a while to figure out that's why.

Edited by gsa102