What is the best tire changing stand?

Just did my rear tire with a 5 gallon bucket....works really well.....put some weight in the bucket so it doesn't slide around.

+1! Another option similar to this is a 10 gallon (?)  steel drum, put some weight at the bottom and an oil pan into the top (to catch falling stuff) and you have a good waist high stand.

TT'rs you can list all the back woods ways of rigging up a stand you want, but the truth is once you spend that whopping $100.00 on a real tire change stand you'll be glad you did and preaching the same story as I. IT'S WORTH THE INVESTMENT!!

• Like 3

TT'rs you can list all the back woods ways of rigging up a stand you want, but the truth is once you spend that whopping $100.00 on a real tire change stand you'll be glad you did and preaching the same story as I. IT'S WORTH THE INVESTMENT!!

So which one is best Rooster?

It's not the money that has kept me from buying a tire changing stand, it's the space the thing is going to take up the 360 days a year that I don't need it. A 5 gal bucket and short stool have worked fine for me for years and I can use both items for other things all year long.

I spent the money elsewhere, on a baja no-pinch tool, absolutely the best tool I've used for installing a tire, specially with the tubliss setup or a stiff walled trials tire.