Sign in to follow this  

Anybody see this before

No, but it was well past replacement time anyway, look at those teeth, maybe why it failed?

Mike

• Like 1

Guessing, chain and sprockets so bad you had to run it too tight, Tight is what took the outer ring attchements

• Like 1

Haha.

He has a bit of a problem with a false neutral now though.

Haha between every gear and in gear lol

• Like 1

Defiantly keeping it but the sprocket wasn't old it didn't have 30 hours on it all of the set screws backed out and it decided to do what it did chain is still mint no other damage other than the chain guide but my friend did the same thing on his crf and ripped the case open luckily his dad was mechanic and machinist

Edited by Sneaking snacks

you could probably put that sprocket on a table saw and it would shred logs, that thing is beyond the point of worn, the sharp bent teeth are an indicator of being past due...

• Like 1

No, but it was well past replacement time anyway, look at those teeth, maybe why it failed?

Mike

IMO it really shouldn't matter if the teeth were stripped completely off, it should not have failed. This just reinforces why i buy plain ol steel sprockets, looks and or the minuscule weight savings aren't worth it.

Edited by Rooster72
  • Like 1

I got it here on my lap now I'm starting to think you guy are right if you look near the top of the egg shape their definitely not straight but I'm still not using a 2 piece sprocket again I ordered a jt steel sprocket and dropped a tooth

let me give you a little hint about mechanics, the more parts you have the more chance for failure!

• Like 5

I got it here on my lap now I'm starting to think you guy are right if you look near the top of the egg shape their definitely not straight but I'm still not using a 2 piece sprocket again I ordered a jt steel sprocket and dropped a tooth

Please tell us your replacing front sprocket and chain too?