Sign in to follow this  

Military racers/riders?

Im not sure if this thread has been started but if not here it is... I just want to give a shout out to the men and women protecting our country and our freedom to ride! I am currently posting this from afghanistan and I can tell yall one thing, i cant wait to hop on the saddle. So if youre in the military post what and where you ride or if youre a supporter of the military and want to give a shout out please do!

I sold my bike before i left because i could not stand to let her sit for a year. But of course i will get a fresh one when i get back. The old chev is still waitin though!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407829801.253684.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407830012.730576.jpg

Praise be to the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle ~ psalm 144:1

• Like 7

Thank You for your service Trev. Hope you get back soon buddy.

I was stationed at Holloman AFB, New Mexico back in '87-'91. I had a 1989 KDX 200 from Mack's Kawasaki in Alamogordo. Good bike for me and my riding style. There were some good riding areas not far from the base,plus the base commander let us build a motocross track on some vacant land on base. Fun times back then.

What kind of bike will you get when you return home?

• Like 2

Well thank you for your service sir! That is awesome that they let you build a track. I read an article not long ago about a soldier here in afghanistan on a small FOB who was able to build a track and buy a cheap motorcycle from a local village. Pretty awesome stuff! They also used to have a track on base at Ft. Campbell KY where im stationed but the times have changed. Im thinking a 2013-14 rmz450. From what ive read it fits my riding style and size pretty perfectly (6'2" 205 lbs). I actually found a guy who has a 13 and already fixed the hiccups so we will see!

Praise be to the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle ~ psalm 144:1

• Like 1

Thank you for your service ! 

My son and a few of his buddies ride out in OKC. Currently stationed at tinker AFB, he deploys in November again for 6 months. I go out to okc and pick up his bike when he deploys, bring it home to NC and rebuild anything that needs it, strip it down to clean and regrease, fresh topend, whatever it needs. Unless he is looking to do the same as yourself and upgrade. I put my 20 years as a M/C tech experience to good use and do this for anyone on his base who is deploying. I supply parts at dealer cost and free labor, street/dirt or atv, as a tiny show of gratitude and the mad respect I have for you guys. 

Watching my son say good bye to his wife and son before a deployment is one of the most heart breaking things I have ever witnessed. Whether your a cook or getting shot at most folks have little to no idea to the sacrifices you guys make to protect our freedom. 

Again, thank you for your service.

• Like 2

Thank you for your service Trev225! I've done two deployments to Iraq, one in 04-05, and the second in 06-07. So, I can totally relate to how bad you want to be back home, and back on the bike right now! Man, I wanted to ride SO BAD when I was over there I could hardly stand it! It almost seemed like an added stress sometimes. But on the other hand, I think having moto on the brain all the time was a big help for me as well. It was nice to be able to just kinda disconnect from all the other crazy shit going on and think about the next bike I was going to buy, or what parts I was going to throw at it when I got back home. I really hope its helping you the same way it helped me.

My most current bike is a 2013 KTM 300xc. I also have a 2005 Honda 450R that I bought new (my first brand new bike, I'll never sell it) when I got back from my first deployment. I ride all over Washington state. We have excellent single track, really good MX track selection (Washougal), and decent dunes and free riding areas. I ride them all! If you ever find yourself in the Ft. Lewis area, you can hit me up on here and I would be glad to show you everything this state has to offer! 

Take care of your self over there. Keep your head down and your spirits up brother! And get you and your men home safe. GODSPEED!!

Edited by WARider525
  • Like 1

My son and a few of his buddies ride out in OKC. Currently stationed at tinker AFB, he deploys in November again for 6 months. I go out to okc and pick up his bike when he deploys, bring it home to NC and rebuild anything that needs it, strip it down to clean and regrease, fresh topend, whatever it needs. Unless he is looking to do the same as yourself and upgrade. I put my 20 years as a M/C tech experience to good use and do this for anyone on his base who is deploying. I supply parts at dealer cost and free labor, street/dirt or atv, as a tiny show of gratitude and the mad respect I have for you guys.

Watching my son say good bye to his wife and son before a deployment is one of the most heart breaking things I have ever witnessed. Whether your a cook or getting shot at most folks have little to no idea to the sacrifices you guys make to protect our freedom.

You sir are an inspiration! Its a dream of mine to be a full time motorcycle mechanic (i work on helicopters now) and to share my love for the sport by helping out people who make huge sacrifices would just be awesome! The love and support we receive from back home is what keeps us going and it being from the thumper community is even better! Thank you so much for what you do and most of all the support!

My son and a few of his buddies ride out in OKC. Currently stationed at tinker AFB, he deploys in November again for 6 months. I go out to okc and pick up his bike when he deploys, bring it home to NC and rebuild anything that needs it, strip it down to clean and regrease, fresh topend, whatever it needs. Unless he is looking to do the same as yourself and upgrade. I put my 20 years as a M/C tech experience to good use and do this for anyone on his base who is deploying. I supply parts at dealer cost and free labor, street/dirt or atv, as a tiny show of gratitude and the mad respect I have for you guys.

You sir are an inspiration! Its a dream of mine to be a full time motorcycle mechanic (i work on helicopters now) and to share my love for the sport by helping out people who make huge sacrifices would just be awesome! The love and support we receive from back home is what keeps us going and it being from the thumper community is even better! Thank you so much for what you do and most of all the support!

Thank you for your service Trev225! I've done two deployments to Iraq, one in 04-05, and the second in 06-07. So, I can totally relate to how bad you want to be back home, and back on the bike right now! Man, I wanted to ride SO BAD when I was over there I could hardly stand it! It almost seemed like an added stress sometimes. But on the other hand, I think having moto on the brain all the time was a big help for me as well. It was nice to be able to just kinda disconnect from all the other crazy shit going on and think about the next bike I was going to buy, or what parts I was going to throw at it when I got back home. I really hope its helping you the same way it helped me.

My most current bike is a 2013 KTM 300xc. I also have a 2005 Honda 450R that I bought new (my first brand new bike, I'll never sell it) when I got back from my first deployment. I ride all over Washington state. We have excellent single track, really good MX track selection (Washougal), and decent dunes and free riding areas. I ride them all! If you ever find yourself in the Ft. Lewis area, you can hit me up on here and I would be glad to show you everything this state has to offer!

Take care of your self over there. Keep your head down and your spirits up brother! And get you and your men home safe. GODSPEED!!

I cant say enough for the men and women who came before me but thank you! The itch is just as bad as you described. Im constantly brainstorming and figuring out exactly what i want. It has definitely kept my mind off of the chaos. I also have a 20 foot enclosed i bought for racing/camping that i will be starting a build thread for when i get back home. Ft. Lewis is one of the other places where aviation is big so i dont doubt ill end up there eventually. I will definitely be giving you a shout. But thank you again for the support and for serving!

I apologize for the double posts the internet isnt exactly high speed

Hopin your kickin some ass over there bro. I've got 6 years in the army so far and stationed at hunter army airfield in savannah ga. Here's the ole gal I ride! Hope all goes well over there bro and hurry up and get back to the states so you can ride!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407907163.735605.jpg

• Like 1

Active duty AF here, stationed in NM.  Been deployed out there four times in the last four years and other garden spots over the last 10 - my little brother is just finishing up his third AFG deployment now and we've been deployed twice to the same place/same time before, pretty cool.

I know YouTube loads really slowly there, but if you can get it, here's a video I just put together yesterday on my '11 YZ250 2 stroke just out messing around.  I also desert race a WR450 here in NM.

Keep your head down and get home safe!

_MG_7574-X2.jpg

wm_IMG_8103-X2.jpg

Hopin your kickin some ass over there bro. I've got 6 years in the army so far and stationed at hunter army airfield in savannah ga. Here's the ole gal I ride! Hope all goes well over there bro and hurry up and get back to the states so you can ride!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407907163.735605.jpg

I would love to get stationed in savannah. Im originally from florida and im partial to the southeast mx terrain. There is an NCO from my unit headed there after the deployment so if you run into him (ssg oliver) i apologize in advance haha. And i like the zook. The good ole 2 smokers

Active duty AF here, stationed in NM. Been deployed out there four times in the last four years and other garden spots over the last 10 - my little brother is just finishing up his third AFG deployment now and we've been deployed twice to the same place/same time before, pretty cool.

I know YouTube loads really slowly there, but if you can get it, here's a video I just put together yesterday on my '11 YZ250 2 stroke just out messing around. I also desert race a WR450 here in NM.

_MG_7574-X2.jpg

wm_IMG_8103-X2.jpg

Thank you for serving! Id say with a resumé like that youve earned more than your share. I like the idea of having the 2 and 4 strokes for multiple reasons: 2 stroke can be a great back up bike, 250s are allowed in the lites class, and wow how wonderful they are to fix when they blow up ( thats how i earned the nickname t-REV) and of course the 4 stroke to stay competitive especially in the 450s. Thanks for sharing!

Active duty AF here, stationed in NM. Been deployed out there four times in the last four years and other garden spots over the last 10 - my little brother is just finishing up his third AFG deployment now and we've been deployed twice to the same place/same time before, pretty cool.

I know YouTube loads really slowly there, but if you can get it, here's a video I just put together yesterday on my '11 YZ250 2 stroke just out messing around. I also desert race a WR450 here in NM.

_MG_7574-X2.jpg

wm_IMG_8103-X2.jpg

Thank you for serving! Id say with a resumé like that youve earned more than your share. I like the idea of having the 2 and 4 strokes for multiple reasons: 2 stroke can be a great back up bike, 250s are allowed in the lites class, and wow how wonderful they are to fix when they blow up ( thats how i earned the nickname t-REV) and of course the 4 stroke to stay competitive especially in the 450s. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Active duty AF, riding/stationed in NJ. Stay safe over there.

image.jpg

Edited by usafwx
  • Like 1

Preferences

I did 5 years in the Marine Corps and two deployments. The worst part isn't the Taliban, its going 6months to a year with out a bike! I was lucky enough to have my Dad bring my bike out to Cali when i came home from both pumps and as soon as I was on leave it was straight to the track. Its amazing how quick you get arm pump after not riding for a year but it all comes back to you pretty quick. The dirt is a great place to save some money, stay safe out there. Semper Fi.

Edited by Truck216
  • Like 1

Active duty AF, riding/stationed in NJ. Stay safe over there.

Thank you for your service! Im stayin as safe as i can be

Preferences

I did 5 years in the Marine Corps and two deployments. The worst part isn't the Taliban, its going 6months to a year with out a bike! I was lucky enough to have my Dad bring my bike out to Cali when i came home from both pumps and as soon as I was on leave it was straight to the track. Its amazing how quick you get arm pump after not riding for a year but it all comes back to you pretty quick. The dirt is a great place to save some money, stay safe out there. Semper Fi.

That is the truth. I also have tons of respect for the marines. You guys are pretty hardcore. Thank you for serving and i will make sure to ride as much as i can when i get back

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407907163.735605.jpg

Ranger?

Marine Corps Iraq vet here. About a dozen of my family and close friends were too. I ride in honor of one of them daily. This seems to be another brotherhood ive found outside the service, therapeutic to say the least. Stay safe, brother, there and when you get back. Semper Fi

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408156877.355214.jpg

• Like 1

Nah just MI with the 224th

Grip it and rip it!

If you ain't mixin gas you ain't haulin ass

Right on, you just don't hear hunters field too much

Marine Corps Iraq vet here. About a dozen of my family and close friends were too. I ride in honor of one of them daily. This seems to be another brotherhood ive found outside the service, therapeutic to say the least. Stay safe, brother, there and when you get back. Semper Fi

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408156877.355214.jpg

I can only imagine what yall went through in Iraq. I have nothing but respect. I am sorry for your loss and i can fully agree with you on the motocross community being a brotherhood. I love every bit of it. And to you thanks again for serving. Ride hard!