Sign in to follow this  

High Beam Indicator Light

Hi there. I own a '14 250 EXC F and my high beam indicator light does not work, any idea if it is a replaceable bulb? Thanks in advance, DD, Victoria, Au

It should just pull out the bottom of the light. I think from memory it's a t5 bulb.

Every now and again when I switch from Low to High Beam it blows a fuse. seems the light on/off switch may be the culprit. Is this an aftermarket device to pass the ADR compliance?

Is it something I can pull apart? Bike is brand new and if I can't fix will wait for the first service at dealer.

Thanks in advance, D D

Every now and again when I switch from Low to High Beam it blows a fuse. seems the light on/off switch may be the culprit. Is this an aftermarket device to pass the ADR compliance?

Is it something I can pull apart? Bike is brand new and if I can't fix will wait for the first service at dealer.

Thanks in advance, D D

If its still under warranty take it back to the dealer and make them earn their money. In saying that, I would at least have a good look for any loose wire connectors/earth.

Thanks again. I will leave it to my first service, they can fix it. Also, is there any trick to getting the speedo/ODO to work, press it 'on' then after maybe a minute it goes blank. Any ideas or another one for the dealer?

Regards, Dingo Dog

Does it turn off while riding? If it only turns off when sitting, thats normal.

The speedo is powered by a battery so it turns off if the front wheel isn't moving. Once it starts moving it will automatically turn on.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, It has been whilst moving, it's almost like it's not receiving any input from the front wheel, anything to look for there? clearance between pick-up and sender? Thanks again.