Sign in to follow this  

Hydraulic clutch for a KLX 450R

Hi Guys, can anyone direct me to online supplier of a hydraulic clutch for this bike. I did try Magura, but they do not supply for this model. Many thanks.

would hydraulic clutch kits for the KX450 fit the KLX? that option above works out to $585 aussie dollars

The KX one will not work. Are u wanting one for fun or lighter clutch pull? MSR pro raptor clutch perch is cheaper and available. Besides, if your clutch pull is stiff, you may need some new parts anyway, these clutches are way light, even with heavy springs.

• Like 1

Wanting a lighter clutch pull,a day spent doing tight single track has my arm quite sore at the end of the day,if there are other options im all ears 

Auto Clutch. .. Period. ..

Not sure period is to say it is the only option. Good thing Rekluse has a 30 day money back guarantee if you don't like it. The guy just wants a lighter clutch pull, auto clutch does not entirely solve the problem. A good clutch perch with a needle bearing pivot makes a huge difference, auto clutch or no. It is also a cheaper place to start.

Before auto i would get an pump. With auto once in a while i will utilize the lever. If the clutch is set up properly there should be no issues outside of personal preference

Edited by GreenHornet450
  • Like 2

The KX one will not work. Are u wanting one for fun or lighter clutch pull? MSR pro raptor clutch perch is cheaper and available. Besides, if your clutch pull is stiff, you may need some new parts anyway, these clutches are way light, even with heavy springs.

Is this the one you are thinking of,can't find any to suit KLX so will one for a kx450 fit?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MSR-Pro-Raptor-Adjustable-Clutch-Lever-YZ250F-YZ450F-KX250F-KX450F-RMZ250-RMZ450-/220875062098?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336d2dfb52

Yup, I have also trimmed the hot start lever a little, they are a little long.  The KLX will not list one since it has the dumb safety switch in the perch it would not be a direct fit.  You will need to take to 2 wires coming off and splice them back to each other.  The further back the better.  It goes down to the steering head, I would do it upstream of that, but it is up to you.  Have you changed the cable and lubed everything?

I have lubed the cable and the cable was replaced recently but still a hard pull,even with the rekluse now in there I still want to use the clutch lever as much as I can and anything to help lever pull will be worth it.I need to try track down a local supplier though as postage is worth more than the item itself.

I will get one of those MSR levers to use with the rekluse and when or if I ever get rid of it this will be an option worth looking at,

Clake who make a range of light pull clutch levers and combined brake clutch levers also offer a hydraulic conversion kit so the conversion kit plus the light lever will be around $630 AUD$

http://www.clake.com.au/product/hydraulic-conversion-kit/

http://www.clake.com.au/onelightclutch/