Sign in to follow this  

Rmz250 front fender on a Rm125

Hi guys 

would anyone be able to tell me how to put a rmz250 front fender and guard on a rm125

i have seen it done before and would like to have a go

and is there a place where i can get them cheap 

thank you

I just did mine this last weekend before  a trip to the dunes. Have been wanting to for a while. This was a wickedly easy mod.  Purchased the parts from rocky mountain, I'm convinced all those guys have virtually the same prices though like moto sport, etc. Just line up the rear holes of the rmz fender to your bike and do your best to mark and drill the respective front holes symmetrical. There isn't much of a measurement science to it, since it is in fact a mod, but just think it out before you do it. Where you end up drilling will be an uneven underneath portion which you could get away with just using large washers to keep intact, however, if you make a small bracket, or even a small mending plate from home depot, it will make it sturdy and less resistant to wind shake, and it will just be done "better". Here are pics of mine. It freshens it up like none other. Good luck. 

IMG_7364.JPG

IMG_7305.JPG

• Like 2

oh ya, and while you're at it, get the new number plate, since that will turn into a plug and play feature with your new mod and require no additional effort, just funds. :)

• Like 1

What are you guys doing for your front number plate backgrounds?  If I order a pre-printed RM set, will I be able to make the front background work with the RMZ plate?

I have ordered from decalworks. I called them and they were happy to send me the decals for the newer fender.

I ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1424897607.474931.jpg

I just did the front fender mod yesterday and I had to drill the new holes a little different so they would go into the plate but it turned out really good

• Like 1