Sign in to follow this  

Trailer size for 1 dirt bike and 1 quad

What size trailer do i need to haul a 4 wheeler and a dirtbike?   I found a deal on a 4x8 harbor freight trailer locally, but I'm not sure if it's large enough.  The trailer will be towed behind my impreza so I'd like to keep the weight as low as possible

4X8 will be way too small in my opinion. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Even a 5X10 will likely be insufficient. Oh wait - I am talking about an enclosed. You may be talking about an open trailer.

A dirt bike is ~ 7' long total.  Roughly 5.5ft from center of tire to center of tire.  So, you could conceivably fit a bike and a kwad on a 6 x 8 flat trailer with both barely on. Bike across sideways and kwad up tight straight on or possibly kwad over to side bike beside but it's going to be tight.  Depends on the kwad size.  But a 4x8 will not workout well.  

I'd lose the kwad and just get a 2nd bike.    

• Like 1

take some chalk and draw a 4x8 (or whatever size)  in your driveway and try to park your bikes in it.

Before I purchased my toy hauler, while I was with the salesman, I sketched the floor plan onto paper and then went home and I drew it out in my driveway to make sure all my toys would fit. 

Edited by phaze250x
  • Like 2

I went 6'6x10 for my box trailer with axles rated to I believe 6000lbs. Sounds heavy but its really not. I fit a quad a garden tractor and a dirt bike in it a couple months back.. little bit of a squeeze but its a home build job. Never seen one like it and everyone tries to buy it. I even have built in dump, ramp, and hand crank winch. When I had everything in I had to have the front wheels of the quad on my tool box but wasn't an issue and even my moms little Toyota can haul it. Build costs were around 2000$

1408209875580.jpg