Sign in to follow this  

2005 250 SXF Plastics?!

Hi I was wondering if I could put newer plastic on my bike. 2005 ktm 250 sxf. Just wanna lets say "update" the look, Plastics 2011-15... Or maybe just a front fender and number plate... Some modification can be done but i want it to look right. Thanks....

Hi I was wondering if I could put newer plastic on my bike. 2005 ktm 250 sxf. Just wanna lets say "update" the look, Plastics 2011-15... Or maybe just a front fender and number plate... Some modification can be done but i want it to look right. Thanks....

The amount of modification that would be required to mount any plastics other than the ones made for your model year arent worth it.  Just get a brand new set and throw some shiny graphics on them.

So.

seriously?!

The rmz and sxf are different bikes. They are designed differently. The plastics will need re drilling or making a bracket.

Nihilo concepts or whatever makes a kit for bike 07-10 I believe to swap them. And thats why I said some modifications can be made. Yeah rmz and sxf are different. But the way a front fender mounts can't be that different. I read another post just like this. A guy had an 02 200 exc or whatever and he did a complete swap to like an 09.

Local racers at www.airprofork.com are coming out with a KTM fender & number plate upgrade kit that costs about $40 and is not a two piece setup.

Edited by YamaLink

Local racers at www.airprofork.com are coming out with a KTM fender & number plate upgrade kit that costs about $40 and is not a two piece setup.

Who cares if it isnt a two piece kit. What benefit would that give?

Strength and ease of installation. Existing kits on the market have notches in the face plate and the other bracket. Or the existing 1 piece is made of the cheapest aluminum/pot metal ever. You can actually see the stress cracks in the curved part before you even install it. And their tabs can be bent with two fingers on their headlight kit in addition to the bolt provided for the number plate on the 2010 ktm xcw is not long enough when you use the required spacer.

Better build and material quality combined with 30% less cost is a good option for some.

Who cares if it isnt a two piece kit. What benefit would that give?

Edited by YamaLink