Sign in to follow this  

Moose Racing valves

With about 2200 miles on my '08 KLX450R, it was time for new intake valves. I ordered the Moose Racing valve kit. After installing them and getting ready to shim the buckets, I noticed there's too much space to be able to shim it. Took the valves back out and compared it to the stock valve. The Moose one was about 1/8" shorter than the stock. The Parts Unlimited rep is due in at my local shop in a couple days, and will see if he knows what's up. Maybe this topic has been addressed somewhere on this message board, but I'm not so good at finding things. I may have to go back to stock Kaw valves, but was hoping to go with aftermarket stainless steel. Anyone see this before?

I just replaced all my valves with Kibble White, the only thing is you have to use their valve springs, don't go back to stock valves you will be back in the same position you are now. I wonder if the moose valves are not miss packaged? Good luck.

i had to replace my intake valves around the same miles, used kibble white kit. had them in now for about 2.5 yrs they have not moved at all :thumbsup:

Talked with the Parts Unlimited rep today. It seems the catalog shows the wrong part number. They show the part number for the KX version of the bike, so the valve diameter isn't the same, either. I did consider going with Kibblewhite, as $40 per valve isn't bad. But how can they charge $220 for valve springs?!?! I think I'll go with the stock Kaw parts and just be ready to do the job again in a couple years. 

You could always have the seats cut to suit the KXF spec valves,I have KXF delwest valves in mine.

Talked with the Parts Unlimited rep today. It seems the catalog shows the wrong part number. They show the part number for the KX version of the bike, so the valve diameter isn't the same, either. I did consider going with Kibblewhite, as $40 per valve isn't bad. But how can they charge $220 for valve springs?!?! I think I'll go with the stock Kaw parts and just be ready to do the job again in a couple years. 

that's the entire kit. You save like 3 bucs over ordering individually.

Just to clarify... I can replace the intake and exhaust with kibblewhite, but I will only need to upgrade the springs on the intake side. This would be because the old intake valve is Ti, but the exhaust is already the heavier steel.

Right?

Just an update. I just found the kibblewhite valves for $25 a piece at summit racing. The spring kit was $150. I jumped on it. It is special order, but unless summit flakes out this is a killer deal.

• Like 1