Sign in to follow this  

Broken fork adjustment screw

Thus was broke off when I bought it last summer. If I remember correctly the guy at my Yamaha dealer said I cant replace the cap? It was as either the cap or just the screw its self. That was last summer and I did not do much riding.

This summer I've been getting annoyed with the way the suspension is preforming. The forks are very hostile and I'm getting a lot of headshake. I've adjusted the height to 5mm but I can do much else without adjusting the rebound.

The screw itself appears to be stuck as I can't turn it at all. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

1407870743534.jpg

Thus was broke off when I bought it last summer. If I remember correctly the guy at my Yamaha dealer said I cant replace the cap? It was as either the cap or just the screw its self. That was last summer and I did not do much riding.

This summer I've been getting annoyed with the way the suspension is preforming. The forks are very hostile and I'm getting a lot of headshake. I've adjusted the height to 5mm but I can do much else without adjusting the rebound.

The screw itself appears to be stuck as I can't turn it at all. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Wow that screw looks all the way backed out.

You have to replace the whole cap with adjustment screw.

The best bet would be to eBay a used cap. Kawasaki and a couple other models share the same fork so that will increase your search results

Yeah it does look all the way out. I have no idea how someone would mangle it this bad. One side of the screw has a lip of metal that appears to be preventing it from turning. I think if I can remove the lip I can dremel a notch in it and possibly use it still.

Edited by Hutch1