Sign in to follow this  

2015's are here!

So when do they typically make the final announcements for 2015's? anyone know when this years dealer meeting will be?

• Like 1

So when do they typically make the final announcements for 2015's? anyone know when this years dealer meeting will be?

September 16th is the last day to announce new product, per prior years.

• Like 1

My insider at American Honda isn't talking either... Wonder what's up with that... Usually he will tell me all the new goodies that we aren't getting... :devil:

• Like 1

It was floating around the industry this summer that there was going to be R based off road racer. But now I hear Honda pulled the plug on that idea.

SEPTEMBER 16TH IS THE TRADITIONAL 'LAST CHANCE DAY ' FOR NEW MODEL INTRODUCTIONS

So we shall see then. Or not. 

The two rumors:

- Same X with BNG and FI

- New "XC" model based on the 250X frame, and a new motor based on the 450R, but of lower displacement (350-400), with e-start and FI, at 250lbs.

I was told that Honda is has considered and is producing a $9k 'cross country' bike and a $10k 'Adventure/Dakar' 1000cc twin for release sometime in 2015

My money is on the first one.

Heck man, I for one am glad there's no new 2015. It means my 2008 is still the same as the "current" models, and therefore doesn't look dated yet. I wouldn't buy a new one anyways.

Edited by yellowdatsun

SEPTEMBER 16TH IS THE TRADITIONAL 'LAST CHANCE DAY ' FOR NEW MODEL INTRODUCTIONS

So we shall see then. Or not. 

The two rumors:

- Same X with BNG and FI

- New "XC" model based on the 250X frame, and a new motor based on the 450R, but of lower displacement (350-400), with e-start and FI, at 250lbs.

I was told that Honda is has considered and is producing a $9k 'cross country' bike and a $10k 'Adventure/Dakar' 1000cc twin for release sometime in 2015

My money is on the first one.

I'm broke now -- i would have to dip deep into the kitty to break in a new bike,  --- but it would be fun !      I said on another thread that a Japanese built 300-350ish machine with modern advancements would be pretty neat for me 

--- whoops -- just saw you are betting on BNG and FI,  not a lower displacement one with a lighter frame ----   If that would be the case, i'm sure my carburators will continue to work fine for a little while longer

I was encouraged a bit when i was at the trailhead and saw a couple of guys with not one, but 2 leftover '13 450X's they had just bought and were going on their maiden voyage  --- some folks are still rolling the dice on Honda

The mantra i have heard over and over is "I always had Hondas growing up and they never let me down"   --- brand recognition can be a powerful thing

Edited by DMC707

Well last week I convinced myself I needed a new bike, (I have two 450xs 05 and 12) and decided the new bike must be a KTM 500 exc since something needs to change. I went to the local KTM dealer to check it out, the '14 500s are all gone and the '15s are in next week or the week after but there has been a price increase and they are now $15 500! I said shit I might as well get the 6day version - over $16 000! The Crf is still going for about $11 500.

The KTM is crazy money and the difference between that and Honda is huge, I don't know what to do, prob just keep my bike till it has 20 000kms then I will have 2 bikes I cant sell (my 05 has 25 000kms and is a bit worn!) and bolt them to the wall like Ricky Carmichael.

Thats another of my stories

Aussie

• Like 1