Sign in to follow this  

2009 kx250F dies when i pull clutch in?

2009 kx250f just had new piston and rings and valve shims done around 13 hours ago. last time i rode it everything was fine it was running the best it ever has now its &%$#@!ed again. It will start fine when cold and starts first kick when hot but when i pull the clutch in it will just die instantly, like straight away. it was still doing this after riding for a few hours. Any thoughts? need new valves?

I wouldn't have a clue what it is so please help! Thanks

So if you are in neutral and the bike is idling and you pull in the clutch it dies ?

or is it when you put the bike in gear that it dies ? 

sounds like clutch is sticking/out of adjustment. pull off cover and check plates, probably grooves in the basket

So if you are in neutral and the bike is idling and you pull in the clutch it dies ?

or is it when you put the bike in gear that it dies ? 

both, nuetral or in gear, the bike wont idle. as soon as i pull the clutch in it will die.

So if i am understanding this correctly the bike will not idle when hot, the fix might be as simple as turning the fuel/idle adjustment on the side of your carb, if you turn it clockwise it will increase the idle.

So if i am understanding this correctly the bike will not idle when hot, the fix might be as simple as turning the fuel/idle adjustment on the side of your carb, if you turn it clockwise it will increase the idle.

I agree must be a low idle condition 

both, nuetral or in gear, the bike wont idle. as soon as i pull the clutch in it will die.

In Neutral the clutch being pulled does not affect the motor.

i doubt its a clutch problem  

• Like 1

Then you have an air leak somewhere or the pilot circuit on the carb is blocked check following

Pilot jet and passages

Fuel Screw o ring still in place

Slide plate not in upside down

Slide plate o ring still ok

Air leak on the manifold rubber  

Hot start lever sealing 

Edited by Shawn250