Sign in to follow this  

2006 kx250f carb issues

Okay so I have a 2006 kx250f that I just bought. This is my first 250 bike and the bike starts right up in the morning with the choke. But when I go to hit the gas it bogs once in awhile. Or when I'm on the road I'll keep the throttle steady and it cuts out and when I let off the gas it back fires. I'm not good with jetting and stuff but I know it is running a little rich and I would like to know if this is my issue or what else it could possibly be.

If you maintain the bike per the service manual, you will cover all the bases

You cannot neglect a modern dirt bike without getting multiple issues.

The first thing you need to do is get a remote fuel screw, replace the worn carb parts, and figure out what jetting you have now.

I only ride the road to test it and no it's not a stock exhaust. It's a pro circuit ti-4. Also I just rebuilt my carb and had a full service done to it. Sometimes it bogs down and shuts off and won't run again until it's cold.

Was tge carb rebuilt with stock jetting? Find out what jets you have and what elevation do you live at?bogging can be several things such as the pilot jet, accelerator pump circuit you need to find out whats in there now and then you'll know where to go from there