Sign in to follow this  

Spark, no spark, spark

So Im working on my daughter's 49cc Chinese four wheeler. It had been running fine but suddenly it won't start. Pulled the plug and checked spark. When i hit the start button, it fires once, then nothing while it cranks. If there was no spark at all i could probly figure it out, but this? Any ideas?

Yep. I took everything apart and meticulously followed every wire, and sure enough, there was one ground wire that had a broken solder on it.

Check the safety leash(parental leash)button at the back of the quad. I have found three of them that were open even with the leash attached.

Get a different 4-wheelers chinese ones are grenades waiting to explode. I had a Chinese 90 and I was riding it hard one time and the throttle stuck and the foot brake (the only brake on the quad) fell off. My brothers (same model quad) broke my dads back because he put the throttle cable in wrong because it didn't have the correct markings and as soon as he started it, it took off and hit a wall and flipped like five feet in front of him. Just warning you. If you ever come down to northern kentucky area im selling one of my childhood memories, my suzuki 50. It was a great little quad! But all of my brothers have grown out of it and most of us have bikes now anyway!