Sign in to follow this  

Sand water ingestion in my 2012 500 EXC

Sucked in some sand and rode the beast home now Im going to pull the head and take a look to check out the everything out  and I only have 60 hours on the motor... I have learned the hard way about water crossings. not sure of the damage yet but it can't be good.  I had a great ride:   http://gps.motionx.com/maps/60f770ab544e927ac612c999ac4eec94     and then this happened...

KTM 500 EXC.jpg

Edited by kodiakcassells

What makes you think that the engine sucked in sand? I would think that the air filter would have stopped the sand. Was there sand inside the intake part of the air box after (behind) the filter?

Sucked in some sand and rode the beast home now Im going to pull the head and take a look to check out the everything out  and I only have 60 hours on the motor... I have learned the hard way about water crossings. not sure of the damage yet but it can't be good....

Man, that sucks, indeed.

I've been fortunate that I've only fallen one time on a water crossing. Been close to going down a couple of times, but always pulled it out.  The only time that I did fall was with my DRZ, and not my KTM.  I'll probably fall now with my KTM...    :angry:

CADman_KS