Sign in to follow this  

California Caliente Nevada Ride October 2014

I will be camping and riding out of Caliente Nevada in mid October and I have room for more riders. Staying at Kershaw Ryan State Park about 3 miles out of Caliente in Rainbow Canyon. Right now my tentative plan is to head up there 10/16 or 10/17 and return home on 10/24. The camp ground is nice and it has showers. Me and my buddies will have plated bikes, but is easy enough for non plated guys to truck bikes 15 minutes away for all the riding you want. Elevation of the riding is 4000.- 8000 ft., but most of it somewhere in the middle of that. This is Great Basin Country, high desert if you will, but very different than Apple Valley, Lucerne Valley.

Most of my rides will be day rides out of the park, prob 100-150 miles each day. Riding as far north as Pioche, as far south as Delamar, but most of the riding will be around Caliente and Panaca, east of Hwy 93.   I may do one overnight ride to Enterprise Utah, that will be 250 miles round trip, grabbing a motel room up there for the night.

I know a bunch of trails in the area, plus I have 400 miles of good proofed track GPS tracks. And as a bonus I have the complete GPS track of the Sawmill Run NHHA race staged out of Caliente last May and I will have complete tracks of the Muley Run NHHA race that will be run out of Panaca on the 23rd of this month.

If anyone has interest to join for all or part of the ride trip, let me know and I can provide more detail on my plans.

Glenn

• Like 3

I'd love to roll over for a couple of days and ride. I am in St George and have never ridden over there.

Contact Coach Collins he has tons of cool tracks of the area. If you have been to the nationals up there you will know who coach is.

His partner Zak at SSTB has taken care of me on a bunch of tracks over the years.   Thanks!

I'd love to roll over for a couple of days and ride. I am in St George and have never ridden over there.

Stay tuned, I might have to move the arrival date to 10/3 or 10/12.

• Like 1

I'm close but always forget about that area.  Will check back and try to come out for your ride, sounds like some great trails.