Sign in to follow this  

'15 YZ250f vs. '15 KX250f

Im getting a new bike in the spring and so far im leaning towards the 2015 YZ250f over the 2015 KX250f. This will be my second bike, just sold my '12 KX250f. Im a very slender guy (135 pounds 5"10) and i know the yamaha has better handling in the corners. I only ride motocross tracks at a intermediate skill level. I rode my friends 2013 Yz450f and didnt like it but he had the stock handle bar and i am so used to the renthal twin walls. Does anyone have any suggestions for a kawi rider switching to yamaha or should i just stick with what i know and buy the '15 KX250f?

My first post so im sorry if this is being widely discussed already im a noob

Thanks!

Im getting a new bike in the spring and so far im leaning towards the 2015 YZ250f over the 2015 KX250f. This will be my second bike, just sold my '12 KX250f. Im a very slender guy (135 pounds 5"10) and i know the yamaha has better handling in the corners. I only ride motocross tracks at a intermediate skill level. I rode my friends 2013 Yz450f and didnt like it but he had the stock handle bar and i am so used to the renthal twin walls. Does anyone have any suggestions for a kawi rider switching to yamaha or should i just stick with what i know and buy the '15 KX250f?

My first post so im sorry if this is being widely discussed already im a noob

Thanks!

seems as everyone on here is just stating there opinion. anyways, some of my friends ride the 15 yami and 15 kawi and i even got to ride both of them(i ride superminis so it took awhile to get used to). the yamaha felt light in general felt like a 2 stroke tbh and the kawi felt like a tank. by riding it felt like it could take a beating but was very heavy.IMO if your racing in the future then definietly go yamaha.

I'd say it depends on local dealer support, what race contingencies are if you're into that sort of thing and what bike "speaks to you" the best. The 2015 YZ250F is their best offering in a looooong time, but some people just fit other brands better. Maybe you're a Kawi guy, maybe not.

At 99.9% of the riding public's ability it comes down to proper setup, sag settings, tire psi, personal conditioning, etc. rather than this bike or that bike. You're in a win-win situation with the two choices.

Both are badass bikes. You need to look at the differences and figure which will suit you. In my opinion the yamaha handles a little better but kawi is super stable. My 14 yz was twitchy until I set my sag to 104. At 100 the front end did weird twitches at random times. Now it feels good. Both motors are strong for 250f's. You really can't go wrong if you get a good price.

Over the years, I've had 2 Yamaha's and 1 Kawi.  In my case, parts were way easier and cheaper to get for the Yami and it seemed to be easier to work on for me.  That's why I went back to Yamaha.  Also, as dumb as it sounds, I found the Kawi manual to be quite irritating where the Yami manual made more sense to me.

I realize you probably care most about the riding aspects, but the other stuff mattered to me, too.

Both are good bikes, I suspect; go with what you like.  It's likely that neither will let you down.

Idk cuz I just watched the 15 kx250f vid and the adjustable foot pegs seems good and the 4 way bar mout seem super it's more of pick your favorite color

I have been riding my 2015 KX250F for a month or two now and I LOVE IT I would recommend this bike to anyone and everyone. Buy a KX

looking at getting one are they much maintenance sorry id=f its a silly question but I would really like to know