Sign in to follow this  

Best full exhaust system for 2013 250x?

What do you guys recommend for a good full exhaust system? I love the bike but I hate how quiet it is, when riding with friends I can hardly hear it running haha. A little extra low end power would be a plus too though. How do you guys think exhausts system affect the bike over a long period of time? Do you think the bike would be more "reliable" just left completely stock? well besides the JD jet kit I have installed.

Any input is appreciated, Thanks!

All pipes no matter what brand are going to be pretty similar. Some offer different power spreads than others. And no your bike will be just as reliable. A pipe paired with that jet kit and maybe the air box mod too should waken that 250x up a bit

Thanks for the info bud! Any suggestions on a brand though for a bit of extra low end? I was thinking about going with the FMF

Maybe you should love how quiet your bike is and hate how loud your buddies are.

I disagree however that your bike will be just as reliable if the definition of that involves longevity.   Anytime you make a motor produce more HP, your putting more stress on the motor.

There's no real way to quantify that, other than to say it will wear out faster as a result all other things being equal (like maintenance).

Jim.

My '09 has stock exhaust, but smog stuff off, air box top off, and jetted amazing. I'm hoping to compare it with my friend who has a '14 with that and a dr d exhaust.

I love how much feel mine has off the bottom, revs quickly.