Sign in to follow this  

Awesome Start of bike at the 2014 AZOP Cinders race

I was there as a spectator, meeting up with a TT friend who's son was racing. First race since cheering on Marty Smith in the '70's. You sure could tell the difference between the A's and everyone else.

Mike

Edit: Looked like everyone was having a fun time, and that was why most were there.

Edited by Flagstaff

so i got a question.   I was thinking about entering one of these races for the first time.  Does the race always start with your engines off?

so i got a question.   I was thinking about entering one of these races for the first time.  Does the race always start with your engines off?

My understanding is that yes, AZOP and AMRA do dead engine starts every time. I am really wanting to race next season, so that is one more thing I need to get my head around, along with which class, what gear, course navigation and everything else I don't encounter when trail riding or doing laps at the track! 

I'm glad that video doesn't show me getting off the line, took about 12 kicks for me to start that thing ha. Funny thing is when I got to the race and unloaded my bike it started in two kicks  :facepalm:

• Like 1