Sign in to follow this  

Does Eric Gorr number cylinders?

I recently bought a spare 1994 4JX yz250 cylinder for an engine I'm building. I bought it sight unseen, and found it has been ported when I got it in the mail. I have E1074 stamped under where the reed cage bolts to the cylinder. I'd like to identify who ported it so I know what type of porting was performed. Any ideas? I'll have to send the cylinder off for replating, could somebody tell what the porting is just by looks?

1407424740973.jpg
1407424728767.jpg
1407424717914.jpg

The numbers & letters you indicate are factory casting numbers put there at time of manufacture, or stamped shortly thereafter. They are NOT indicative of who may have ported it. Good luck on your search.

• Like 1

That looks like someones home attempt at increasing flow through the transfers tbh not gunna up performance that much maybe just a little more over the high range and thats if it was done proper. Was there anything else done?

Edited by dirt1080

That looks like someones home attempt at increasing flow through the transfers tbh not gunna up performance that much maybe just a little more over the high range and thats if it was done proper. Was there anything else done?

Both intake and exhuast have been worked on as well.

1407967324176.jpg

1407967335039.jpg

1407967347882.jpg

Both intake and exhuast have been worked on as well.

my advice would be to compare a stock cylinder to this one and see how much has been done. I would focus on how much the exhaust has been raised or lowered because if it has been raised alot then its gunna have a hard hit up further in the range or if it been lowered the midrange will pull a little more (these are general porting rules of thumb so the actual results probably wont be so clear cut) Edited by dirt1080
  • Like 1