Sign in to follow this  

Illinois To Enduro or Not to Enduro

As we get older and not so energetic, priorities change. This seems to be common in all aspects of life. Now that I got the BS out of the way, what I have been thinking about for a while is this. I take it we all like to ride, or we wouldnt be looking at this site, some of us like to race, some just ride, some a little of both. Speaking for me and several others I know about the only way to ride anymore is go to a HS or enduro. But here in 17 we have a few Dual sport rides. If you never did one they are a blast. Problem is there is only a couple. Now I personally know of about 7 guys who will do all the dual sports they can, but have stepped away from the Enduros because of various reasons. The Dual Sports in Illinois are basically the same trails the clubs use for the Enduros. Would there be any way to have both at the same event. Here is what I was thinking. 

Could the district some how come up with a way to run the events with a dual sport before the Enduro. Enduros start at 10. If you had the DS guys leave between 8:30 - 9 am that head start along with the resets the racers would have to stop at would most likely allow the DS guys to easily stay ahead of the race. A couple of bonuses would be that DS guys usually arent pushing it too hard so the course wouldnt get too beat up but would get burned in nice. And the best would be that the club could benefit by having better turnouts with out having to load up on trophies, or having to do all the scoring on these guys. I think with a little cheaper registration fee, but some good trail alot of guys would be interested. 

Geneseo (WFO) does a 2 day event. Which is along the same principle I am talking about but they have to work 2 days. They have a good turnout both days. One of the best weekend of riding in Illinois.

Just a thought. I would like to see how many guys here would be interested in doing these events if it was not a "race"?  

Here in Ohio most of the clubs have been running the DS after the enduro guys take off. Kinda sucks riding a hogged out trail, but look at the bright side, it is more of a challenge!!!!