Sign in to follow this  

FLY trekker helmet

Im looking into buying this helmet as i ride dualsport and it looks of good value i was just wondering what this helmet was like and any issues with the quality, fit and function?

1407946694560.jpg

Edited by dirt1080

Fly makes a good helmet.  Dual layer, dual density EPS, too.  So . . . yeah.  You could do much worse from a protection perspective.  Obviously, when riding on the road, you need a helmet that works well in that environment.  No idea what this thing would feel like at 70 mph.  That only matters if you plan to ride for any length of time on the highway.  Why is it so inexpensive?  Who knows?  I would definitely try it on and probably compare it to the Arai.  If it fit comfortably I would consider it for dual sport use.  Definitely.

I have this helmet and it is a really good helmet for the price. Its a tad on the heavy side compared to other helmets I've worn, but overall I am pleased with the Fly. If u get up to 70 regularly on the pavement I would look for something a little quieter...I wear earplugs if I'm going for long rides.

Fly makes pretty good stuff for the price. I have their F2 mx helmet which is carbon. Not as light as say a Fox V4 - V5 but also not even 1/2 the cost. I'd like to see them (fly) make a carbon DS helmet, lots of interest in this market lately. The ICON varient seems to be right in that sweet spot between the lower end the the upper tier helmets.