Enduro Prepping

I need some ideas on what i will need to have my bike ready for the Michaux Enduro. 

Currently i haven't done anything but hand guards but id like to do the following 

-Suspension 

-Tires(what type is best)

-Protection(what is needed)

-Weight reduction

-Any extra goodies

I have no clickers or anything on the susp so how do i go along doing that? New springs? New oil?

EO claims pump fuel with there 225cc pistons...

EO "stage one" cam is for an 05 or earlier 150f

06 and newer, EO only shows one camshaft and they don't call it "Stage" anything? (On there web site anyway)

Web cam has cam # 223/167 for your bike also.

BBR also has a bolt on 195cc piston kit

Edited by adnohguy

To be honest with you I'm not aware of a stock bore HC piston for an 06 or newer 150f?

Who sells those?

A 10-1 HC piston should be good with pump gas as long as the bike was jetted properly....

Edited by adnohguy

For many years I competed in Timekeeper Enduros, so I'll offer the following:

Read every post on TT in the CRF 150-230f forum for this month starting on 08-01-2014....
This will get you started...
You can also search for your questions on TT if you have more.

Best advice I can think of, loads you up with knowledge before your first Enduro.

I need some ideas on what i will need to have my bike ready for the Michaux Enduro. 

Currently i haven't done anything but hand guards but id like to do the following 

-Suspension 

-Tires(what type is best)

-Protection(what is needed)

-Weight reduction

-Any extra goodies

I have no clickers or anything on the susp so how do i go along doing that? New springs? New oil?

Riding Enduros is more about the rider than the bike, so get in there and get your feet wet.

From each enduro you will aquire knowledge about how to ride better, and improvements to the bike to make is more compatable to your riding skills, style, and terrain.

The important thing is to never stop, the bike must always move forward.  Any time lost by stopping, or going too slow, is extremely difficult to make back up. So never stop unless you need to stay on time.  Early to checks is twice the points as late.

A great learning experience so go for it.

With the new restarts. Arriving early is no longer a penalty. Pretty much ride and if your number has not been flipped wait. If it has, keep riding after they mark your fender. It's taken the thinking out of enduros.

I still use my computer so I know if I am on time. Makes it easier to rest when you are in a transfer section.

The timing aspect of it had me stumped, I'm glad to hear about the timing change. And thanks Chuck I'm trying my hardest to train and practice, practice, practice along with building my endurance.

Ive been practicing on my 150 which I'm going to race and on my 250x hoping the bigger bike will help with my throttle and clutch control and overall improvements.