Sign in to follow this  

Cost to feed your beast?

Wouldn't want to be in Norway.

Wow.

Why not? Free healthcare and if you do ont want to work, you get free housing and about $30K a year for expenses. Though you'd think with all the free stuff they have and so many people riding bicycles, they'd give away the gas for free too..... :facepalm:

A**.grass or cash, no one rides for free.

• Like 1

I was in Norway at the end of July. Beautiful country, really friendly people. 

Their gas prices change through out the week ranging between 13 and 16 kr.

Approximately $26.00 per gallon here for race-gas (U4). Grrrrrr.

Edited by naturaledge

My biggest expense is $15 an hour for a babysitter.  At least I can ride from my garage, but it's still $180 a week, just for the sitter.  Probably at least $250 a week factoring in gas, oil, tires, filters etc.

But it's the best way I know to blow $250 a week! :thumbsup:

Being Australian (living in the US), I will never complain about the price of diesel or gas.... or the price of ANYTHING!  Money goes 2-3 times further here in the US.

Mexico rules!

$3.25 for gas

$3.50 for smokes (non FSC at that)

$20 for a ball

$10 for a meal at a restaurant with a few brews

Im moving near the border lol

Edited by jesus builtmy hotrod

I'd rather not think about it, but since I'm here...

2007 525EXC, currently has 17,000 miles and about 650 hours on it.  Going to do some generous rounding here:

At 200 hours, I had the valves replaced at $400, and at 500 hours did a preventative top and bottom end rebuild at $2100.

$2500 after 500 hours, that's $5/hour.

It gets about 50-60 mpg, and at an average speed of 25-30 mph, that's 2 dollars (1/2 gallon) per hour.

Have to change the oil sometimes, how about every 15-30 hours.  Oil's about $10 per quart, filters are probably $15, let's say I change it every 25 hours at $25 each.  1 dollar per hour, probably more like 2.

Tires last about 1,500 miles, that's 50 hours.  Calling it $150 for a rear D606 and a front MT21, 3 dollars per hour.

Air filter oil probably comes out to a buck a ride.

Air filters don't last forever, but I haven't tracked how often I really replace them, so I'll pretend they do.

So about $12-13 per hour for everything I can think of.  Dual sporting and woods riding, not racing.

If you haven't done the math yourself, don't :cry:

Legal price gouging, I say we should match the cost of a barrel of oil to wheat on exports headed to libya & Saudi !!  

• Like 2