Sign in to follow this  

Change Tires. Not Eyeballs.

That would be a nice tool to have when your out in the middle of no where. I'm still old schooling it. On my 4th tire with the same tube might have to check it out

Definitely expensive but a great solution for a group of local riders who want to pass it around. Fantastic idea though!

• Like 2

A buddy sent this over to me. As soon as I can find the spare change I'll definitely be ordering one for swapping tires at home. WOW! Usually I write this stuff off as snake oil but watch the video...

http://www.dirtrider.com/features/baja-no-pinch-tire-tool/

I reviewed it here on TT a while back.  http://www.thumpertalk.com/reviews/product/43111-no-pinch-tire-tool/

It works great, love it.  Save so much energy and even an old crippled up guy can mount a tire without breaking a sweat.

It's well worth the money.

• Like 4

That's a cool gadget but it doesn't seem to do anything that my Motion Pro spoons and a Bead Buddy can't do.

Yup, it does the same thing, effortlessly, without the risk of pinching the tube.

i am not totally experience at swapping out my tires...  but the one time i did it twice, i found the hardest part was putting the tire back on..  coming off i practically pulled it off by hand... but getting it back on took a little more input from me and a little more thought...  if i have room in my new shed, i'm gonna get a tire changing stand first, then i will think about one of these for the pure ease of it... 

do you think i will be able to use it on street tires for my buddy's fz09? or maybe even a harley tire or am i getting a little carried away...

• Like 3

i am not totally experience at swapping out my tires...  but the one time i did it twice, i found the hardest part was putting the tire back on..  coming off i practically pulled it off by hand... but getting it back on took a little more input from me and a little more thought...  if i have room in my new shed, i'm gonna get a tire changing stand first, then i will think about one of these for the pure ease of it... 

do you think i will be able to use it on street tires for my buddy's fz09? or maybe even a harley tire or am i getting a little carried away...

It's not recommended for mounting competition trials tires(too soft of compound) or radials(something about the bead).  Mine has done a few Hardley tires...

No need for a tire stand, a plastic trash can works just fine. 

I had a barter deal set up with some friends who used it a bunch.  One has done a couple KTM990 rear tire swaps and still can't believe how much easier it is.  Mine has probably mounted over 60 tires, they use it to swap from their daily 50/50 tires to knobbies and back again for weekend off road rides every few weeks.  Swap them on a Friday and swap them back on Sunday.  That's 12 tires swaps right there.  Takes under an hour to do 3 bikes including beer breaks.

They just ordered one for their group rides.

• Like 3

thank you kindly sir...  i didn't know if a plastic garbage can would hold up to me pushing around on it...  i just did it on my floor last time... carpeted and cardboard down...  i was gonna use a 5 gallon bucket, but it was just easier to do it on the ground...  i will look for a sturdy plastic can. this way i can use it as a garbage can in the shed and also my tire changing stand... lol  dual purpose.. just like the bike...  

good to know it does harley tires... i cant wait to scratch the hell out of my buddies new fat daddy rims!!!! lol   :devil:   just kidding... just kidding

• Like 2

I've been thinking of getting a tire changing stand to ease this task but now I'm tempted to get this and a 5 gallon bucket. Thinking that this might be easier than the stand and spoons route.

• Like 1

thank you kindly sir...  i didn't know if a plastic garbage can would hold up to me pushing around on it...  i just did it on my floor last time... carpeted and cardboard down...  i was gonna use a 5 gallon bucket, but it was just easier to do it on the ground...  i will look for a sturdy plastic can. this way i can use it as a garbage can in the shed and also my tire changing stand... lol  dual purpose.. just like the bike...  

good to know it does harley tires... i cant wait to scratch the hell out of my buddies new fat daddy rims!!!! lol   :devil:   just kidding... just kidding

I use an old 35 gallon steel barrel as a trash can now.  I split a piece of 3/8" fuel line and put it around the lip with some 3m super weather strip adhesive.  I just pull the trash bag and drop in my logging chain bucket(about 40lbs so it stays put).  My wife replaced my nice multi-color plastic can with a new cheap one that has wheels...  :facepalm:  

You can get one from some auto shops or any semi repair shop, mines a nice old Union 76 one. 

I just use a spare tyre to rest the wheel on and 3 x motion pro tyre spoons.

Childs play

I do it with a lazy old man style.  :D

• Like 3

I've been thinking of getting a tire changing stand to ease this task but now I'm tempted to get this and a 5 gallon bucket. Thinking that this might be easier than the stand and spoons route.

You still should to have some spoons around for removal if needed. 

I just try to work smarter not harder cause I'm lazy this way...  :cripple:

• Like 2

You still should to have some spoons around for removal if needed. 

I just try to work smarter not harder cause I'm lazy this way...  :cripple:

I have spoons and a couple bead buddy's but still manage to bust a knuckle while changing tires. This makes it look super easy for us lazy people.

• Like 2

I have spoons and a couple bead buddy's but still manage to bust a knuckle while changing tires. This makes it look super easy for us lazy people.

I doesn't only make it look easy, it is that easy and fast too. 

• Like 2

i will say this, since i did it twice, i tried 2 different ways... i can say without a doubt, hands down, it was easier for me to put the tire on with the tube already in it...  i killed my hands trying to get the tube in once the tire was on...  just my .02 though from the noob side of town... lol

• Like 3

i will say this, since i did it twice, i tried 2 different ways... i can say without a doubt, hands down, it was easier for me to put the tire on with the tube already in it...  i killed my hands trying to get the tube in once the tire was on...  just my .02 though from the noob side of town... lol

Put the first bead on, insert the tube, fit the rim lock if equipped, correctly position them and finish mounting the tire.  :)

• Like 2