Sign in to follow this  

What's this?

10 points for anyone who can tell me what this is or where it came from. It just appeared at some point when I was removing the stator. Cheers, Jim

1407954379638.jpg

Edited by JimboJones

was it stuck to a greasy tool when dissembling and fell off?

Should any of the carb hoses be plugged? I can't see anywhere it could have come from. Pretty sure it wasn't stuck to a tool and I haven't taken the brakes apart...

It loos lie a shift position sensor indicator - if your bike is equiped with a shift position sensor...

The newer 12 yz and up has them in the us - not sure on euro models what year had them. 

I don't now how it would get to stator..and I could be wrong but it looks exactly like it.

• Like 1

It's an 07. Not sure if it has one or not. It could have fallen out of the gearbox as the cases were split and I just found it as I was removing the stator?

It's part 15 in this link I've attached goes with part 16 (spring) to push against Part 1 which has a spot that makes a connection letting the ignition know the bike is in neutral.

http://www.servicehonda.com/parts/lookup#/Yamaha/YZ_250_-_YZ250B2_-_2012/SHIFT_CAM_FORK/YZ250B2_(2012_MOTORCYCLE)/SHIFT_CAM_FORK_(YZ250B2_-_2012)

This is correct. That's the piece. They started to add it in '11 in the US. It's only a sound thing. But if you have an '07, it shouldn't have that (at least in the US). The easy way to tell would be to look and see if theres a wire going into the motor kinda behind the shift lever. Can you post a pic of your bike?

It's part 15 in this link I've attached goes with part 16 (spring) to push against Part 1 which has a spot that makes a connection letting the ignition know the bike is in neutral.

http://www.servicehonda.com/parts/lookup#/Yamaha/YZ_250_-_YZ250B2_-_2012/SHIFT_CAM_FORK/YZ250B2_(2012_MOTORCYCLE)/SHIFT_CAM_FORK_(YZ250B2_-_2012)

10 points to you good sir! Thanks a lot.

Only thing now is, in pretty sure there's no wire coming out of my bottom end... Also, why would the ecu want to know when the bike is in neutral?

To pass sounds checks (rev bike up in neutral it changes timing to make it more quiet)

Im not sure why yours would find it's way into the stator area...

Ah right, that makes sense... It possibly just fell out on the mat I was working on and then bounded up as I was using an impact screwdriver to remove the stator.