Sign in to follow this  

Changing triple trees on SSR 70 Type C

I'm trying to see if anyone has ever changed out the front forks and triple trees on one of these Pit Bikes. I've purchased a few of these before for my kids and now that the one is a bit older he rides a KTM SX 50 and is pretty good on it. Most know that there are no gears on it and of course they're 2 strokes. I want him to get the feel for shifting and also the difference in power on a 4 stroke. These SSR's are a better option then the Honda for price and changing out parts for upgrades. The only issue I have is the front end. The triple trees are terrible and not sturdy and I worry about going through whoops and jumps. That being said I want to swap the front end for something better. Anyone have any ideas or have done this before? Any insight or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone in advance,

Jay

I was going to swap it out with a 2007 front end, but before I did I wanted to see if anyone thinks it will work.

It can be challenging and costly to upgrade the cheaper bikes

It may be worthwhile a bike with better suspension upfront if its in you buget

SSR TR110 Pit Bike
Part No: SSR-110-TR

• tr110.jpg&h=166&w=250&zc=1
  • tr110.jpg&h=166&w=250&zc=1
  • sr110tr-2.jpg&h=208&w=250&zc=1
  • sr110tr-large.jpg&h=212&w=250&zc=1
  • engine-small.jpg&h=166&w=250&zc=1

Introducing the all new, SSR TR110 Pit Bike!

The SSR TR110 is the newest offering from SSR Motorsports, Cali. We are very excited about this bike, its a great affordable mid size 
12” Rear, 14” Front wheel, 4-speed semi-automatic transmission, that looks pretty intimidating with the TTR-110 style plastics. Check out a couple of pics on here, and let us know if you have any questions

Edited by T Bolt USA