Sign in to follow this  

Introductions

Hello everyone,

Long time reader, first time posting here. I just wanted to finally make a thread after purchasing my street legal DRZ400E a few months back and introduce who I am and what I have been doing.

I am a graduate student and since I have acquired my bike I have been putting my mind to what cool after market parts I would like for it. I have come up with several really cool ideas, at least to me, that I will be sharing over the next few days as my prototypes are finished up to see what kind of an interest these parts may generate in the community. I should have some pictures up later this evening / tomorrow.

Best regards,

Logan Lawrence

• Like 3

Welcome Logan, there won't be a shortage of suggestions from fellow members who will be more than willing to assist you spending your money.

BTW, read up on the FAQ's.

• Like 2

Wehay! Im same boat as you mate only just discovered how to join. Know how you feel with bike got my sm couple weeks ago and already got loads of dreams in my eBay basket. Be good to see what bodges you come up with, I've got the redbull can on rear shock and it looks the tits

• Like 2

Thanks for the welcoming posts, @black I will have to check those out. I am always open to suggestions for parts to make, I have a Fender Eliminator Kit just about finished and ready to go and I am now working on clear motor covers including the starter cover and oil filter cover.

I have future plans to manufacture clear clutch covers too however that is still a bit down the road.

-ll

20140801_151214-1.jpg20140811_130944-1.jpg20140805_154256.jpg

Edited by Gomo
  • Like 1

Here are some pics of the bike, it's a 2002 off-road E model that has been converted to a supermotard with rm250 forksScreenshot_2014-08-14-17-59-51-1.pngScreenshot_2014-08-14-18-00-01-1.png

Edited by Gomo
  • Like 5

Love the yellow!

You can expect a "like" from mineolaman for that comment........ :lol:  

Not to mention that they go faster too....lmao  :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks guys, here is a photo of some unfinished work straight off of the mill. They still need polishing and the appropriate hardware. So far it is looking good, let me know what you think. 20140812_185249.jpg20140812_173410.jpg20140813_195929.jpg

• Like 2

i want a set!!

That's what I like to hear =), hopefully tomorrow I will have a finished product to show off. I plan on making them available for sale in the very near future

• Like 2

You can expect a "like" from mineolaman for that comment........ :lol:

Not to mention that they go faster too....lmao :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey mine is! We can't help it yellow is the best color LoL
  • Like 1

Yes they are polycarbonate, I am not sure where the guy found the rm250 forks. They came with the bike when I purchased it

Not yet, this is a first for me. Shipping has post poned some of the parts I need, hopefully tomorrow I'll have more to share. Did you have something in mind other-bike wise?

Not yet, this is a first for me. Shipping has post poned some of the parts I need, hopefully tomorrow I'll have more to share. Did you have something in mind other-bike wise?

Nah...Just interested in how the carbonate deals with the heat long term ......

• Like 2