Sign in to follow this  

Best exc-f 350 mods

Read about big bottom kit from best dual sport.com and prolly best bang for buck i found but anyone else have found good mods ( or review on big bottom kit) for exc-f

What was the desmog? Is that emission eliminator?? Plugging the fuel cap line?

And what sort of mapping did you get? Was it map for xcw? From ktm dealer?

Yes, desmog by putting a screw in the intake for the gas vapor recovery. Then block off the exhaust air.

The map was the Europe or slip on pipe map from ktm. The bike ran cooler and better.

I also added a rekluse and fan with 92 deg thermostat. Regeared to 13/52 for trail use. If I was on the street I would gear higher. Maybe 14/50 or 14/48.

Did you remove the gas can and solenoid (as prescribed by bestdualsport.com)? If so, do you recommend? I am considering doing that but leaving the stock mapping as is. I also geared to 13-48 as I was able to use stock chain. This helped bottom end power and reduced 1st gear stalls in woods.

Desmogged, 13-48 gearing, thermostat delete (Samco hoses), FMF 4.1 muffler, adjust throttle position sensor to .68. The biggest gains were the exhaust and TPS adjustment. I have the stock mapping '14 350 EXC-F, might get the Euro map in the future, hard to find someone to do it out here in Kalifornia!

Without the remap the bike would boil during normal riding. After the map overheating is not an issue. This is on a 12. The rekluse really helped since even with 13/52 you had to be in the right gear or it would stall. Note that I usually ride from 9000 ft up.

I rode it twice at 4000 ft and it has a lot more power at low altitude.

Without the remap the bike would boil during normal riding. After the map overheating is not an issue. This is on a 12. The rekluse really helped since even with 13/52 you had to be in the right gear or it would stall. Note that I usually ride from 9000 ft up.

I rode it twice at 4000 ft and it has a lot more power at low altitude.

Me too, was thinking I must get a fan as stock the bike overheated so easily. Since desmog and EU map no issues.

I was thinking about that, but then I would feel so guilty and ashamed I would have to move out of California :jawdrop:

You will get over it ;)

• Like 1

Just my opinion best mods in this order are:

1 Desmog

2 Kick stand bolt

3 ECU reset

4 Skid plate

5 Bark busters

6 Chain&Sprockets

7 Doubletake mirror

8 Seat

After that you get into performance mods like a slip on pipe(fmf of course), led light(squadron looks awesome) etc...

• Like 1

1 Desmog

2 Kick stand bolt

3 ECU reset

4 Skid plate

5 Bark busters

6 Chain&Sprockets

7 Doubletake mirror

8 Seat

After that you get into performance mods like a slip on pipe(fmf of course), led light(squadron looks awesome) etc...

You forgot balance the wheels.

1 Desmog

2 Kick stand bolt

3 ECU reset

4 Skid plate

5 Bark busters

6 Chain&Sprockets

7 Doubletake mirror

8 Seat

:smirk: Did everyone one of those before I even picked up the bike from the dealer plus:

Rad guards

Shark fin

Steering damper mount(I moved over the damper from my WR)

:ride:

Do you know if anything needs to be done to any of the settings when you change the slip on exhaust on the 2014 350 exc? And is there anything that can be done to the stock slip on to get more power?

Do you know if anything needs to be done to any of the settings when you change the slip on exhaust on the 2014 350 exc? And is there anything that can be done to the stock slip on to get more power?

Some have modified the stock exhaust but there are two options that replace the stock end cap with a freer flowing there is pro moto that makes one I'm not sure how well it frees it up and also PQP which is what I just ordered both of those are around 150 and you will need to increase the fuel by adjusting the tps

Is there something that can be done to the stock exhaust without having to change the TPS or ECU?

If you open the exhaust to allow more flow then adding more fuel will be helpful. Adjusting the tps is super simple, see the video here: www.tpstool.com