13 crf 450 with rons head cam n piston full yoshi question

First of all ron is the most helpfull n caring guy I have delt with since racing n have known alot of engine builders.anyway I have his ported head n rhc 23 cam n 13.0 je piston had a vortex cdi but had ron map stock ecu for package.he has my vortex now doing some mapping on it but my question is I ran bike with no inserts in my yoshi nlbike ran awesome put them back in to c if any difference and it was alot.was wondering if anyone else has tried taking inserts out with ron setup or any other ones.its true how much easier the bike is to ride it doesnt feel like ur moving but u are.have never been so happy with tlmy honda

• Like 1

What inserts did you put in? Screen-type inserts? Or just smaller ID inserts? Any insert will be more restrictive than having no inserts, mainly lowering mid-top end pull.

Edited by Eddie8v

I think that's right for the 2013 and newer bike in that the only insert they make is the 94dB insert, or a screen-type spark arrestor insert which kills flow. For the earlier bikes, their systems came with either a 94dB or 99dB insert, and you could purchase the other insert if you wanted it. So, removing the 94dB insert on this 2013 will be a good difference in flow. On the older bikes, their pipe made better power with the 99dB insert vs no insert, and with the 94dB the power output was lower than both of those configs.

Edited by Eddie8v