Sign in to follow this  

2014/2015 rear hub

Anyone know if the complete rear wheel from a last generation CRF250R (2013 or older)  will fit on a 2014-15 CRF250R?  

Or is the new 250 hub slightly wider like on the 2013 and newer CRF450R??

My understanding with the 450's the wheel seems to fit just fine, but it is 3 mm wider so it ruins the chain alignment, this can throw the chain.  Apparently there is one sprocket manufacturer that makes an offset sprocket that will allow you to use the older wheel on the newer bike.

Can anyone confirm if this is the same deal for the 250's?  If so, anyone know where you can buy that offset sprocket?

Thank you,

Edited by stroker

You need to be careful with terminology, here. Specifically, the word "wider.

From axle spacer to axle spacer there is no width difference in the hubs... they'll all physically fit inside the swingarm of any CRF 250/450 bikes.

The left-side rear sprocket flange is 3.8mm to the left of the earlier hubs. So the 2013+ CRF450R and the 2014+ CRF250R have that leftward sprocket location and they share the same rear hub, but the 250 uses the narrower rear rim. So you cannot swap rear hubs between the incorrect generation of bike as the rear sprocket won't line up with the front sprocket and the rear chain guide...

Edited by Eddie8v

That was super technical Eddie.. But to make it easy for the simple people. The hub from the 2013-2015 450's and. 14'-15' 250s has a different offset than the previous generation bikes. You can buy spacers off eBay or offset sprockets from motostuff to make it work if you want to run an older set of wheels.

I didn't mention the spacers as I won't run them. But they could work for the masses...